Rooting. I did it.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was one of the last people I thought would ever root. And after reading about how to do it through the PC I decided against it.

Then I came across this yesterday:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/127861-universal-eris-root-dummies.html

I went for it. And I am glad I did! App2SD, WIFI Hotspot, Overclocking.

I had mad Eris love before, now I am totally head-over-heels for it! :icon_ banana:

Oh I used the recommendation in that guide and went with Plain Jane T2 2.0 Rom. (Note, the 2.0 is the Rom version, it is Android 2.1).

Last edited:

mamawm

Reaction score
i got so excited when i saw your post this morning. i've been seriously been considering doing just what you did. like you, the eris has been my dream phone, i love it, at least until that 2.1 update. it's still a great little device, it just has a mind of it's own when it comes to ringing, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. very sporadic. do you think rooting will get rid of this bug?

and bye the way, i can never thank you enough for all the help you've given me over the months. i never joined the forums until this morning because you and a few others were so quick to address questions/issues and equally quick with responses.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
i got so excited when i saw your post this morning. i've been seriously been considering doing just what you did. like you, the eris has been my dream phone, i love it, at least until that 2.1 update. it's still a great little device, it just has a mind of it's own when it comes to ringing, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. very sporadic. do you think rooting will get rid of this bug?

and bye the way, i can never thank you enough for all the help you've given me over the months. i never joined the forums until this morning because you and a few others were so quick to address questions/issues and equally quick with responses.

You are more than welcome! That is the great thing about this forum, is the friendliness and helpfulness of the users here.

Not sure if rooting by itself will fix the ringing issue, it will depend on whether you choose to flash the OS with a ROM and which OS you choose, or leave the stock OS on. I never had the ringing issue so I can't tell you whether or not the ROM I chose (the one mentioned in that thread) fixed it.

The nice thing is that if you choose to root, between this forum and the one I linked, you will be in good hands!

mamawm

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the quick response. Seems I need to do a bit more research on the different roms,then i'll take the plunge. At least if my problem isn't solved with one rom, I can always try another.

divalibra

Reaction score
I did the root for dummies and have flashed two separate roms..trying to figure out app2sd. Also looking for more girly roms..using droid does pink..any suggestions?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Smokie

Reaction score

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was one of the last people I thought would ever root.
I went for it. And I am glad I did! App2SD, WIFI Hotspot, Overclocking.

I had mad Eris love before, now I am totally head-over-heels for it! :icon_ banana:

Congrats, now the obsession really starts!dancedroid

Martins.tiago05

Reaction score
Hi, i am also new and i have rooted and im excitedbut not really sure how to do anything, but i see some of you guys saying stuff about app2sd.. i wanna know how to.. help please..