1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery questions

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by eriscrazy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

i overclocked my Eris lastnight and today i have noticed that my phone is dieing super fast when i am playing with it cause of the overclocking. is there a way i can change the set cpu settings to not drain my battery so fast? also what is a safe overclocking speed for the Eris without hurting the phone?
  2. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

If you want your battery life back then set the clock speed back to default.
  3. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

i know that. but my phone runs so slow on the factory cpu speed. THATS y i overclocked to get a faster phone.
  4. wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd New Member

Well unfortunately if you overclock your making the processor work harder then normal. There just isnt a way around using less battery power. Maybe try a different rom, the one im running Sense-able is pretty smooth.
  5. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

have you heard anything about the Tainted Vanilla rom does it run smooth?