Enough Battery Saving Tips...I'm Using My Phone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motty69

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why everyone is freaking out about the battery. The Tbolt lasts a lot longer than my Eris did. I do have 4G disabled, but only because I don't have LTE here in Knoxville yet. Battery life will get better after HTC rolls out a few updates too.

I'm loving PlayOn on the TBolt too, Hulu looks great over wifi, should be great on 4G when it's available here. Have a buttload of movies I can stream via PlayOn as well. Life is good. ;)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

mark3748

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why everyone is freaking out about the battery. The Tbolt lasts a lot longer than my Eris did. I do have 4G disabled, but only because I don't have LTE here in Knoxville yet. Battery life will get better after HTC rolls out a few updates too.

I'm loving PlayOn on the TBolt too, Hulu looks great over wifi, should be great on 4G when it's available here. Have a buttload of movies I can stream via PlayOn as well. Life is good. ;)

I'd like to like playon, but it's never worked right for me. Spent a lot of time trying to get it to work, their support isn't great and it's pretty friggin' expensive for what's basically a hacked-together workaround.

I guess I'm just bitter... lol

viper1549

Reaction score
we knew there were battery issues before it came out.. i would have bought it regardless of how long it stays on..

Not to rub it in i know many are not in this situation but i work in an office so:

1) i have wifi turned on and connected all day which means i dont need to ever disable 4G

2) i have accessible power outlets for charging

i did notice in a 5 hour test period 4G used up about 20% more battery than wifi with similar activity..

Love the phone, may buy an extra battery just in case i go camping or something and need it.. I honestly wouldnt use the ext battery if it was free.. UGLY AS HELL.. no offense if you have it but you know it aint pretty..

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
we knew there were battery issues before it came out.. i would have bought it regardless of how long it stays on..

Not to rub it in i know many are not in this situation but i work in an office so:

1) i have wifi turned on and connected all day which means i dont need to ever disable 4G

i did notice in a 5 hour test period 4G used up about 20% more battery than wifi with similar activity..

Love the phone, may buy an extra battery just in case i go camping or something and need it.. I honestly wouldnt use the ext battery if it was free.. UGLY AS HELL.. no offense if you have it but you know it aint pretty..

Well stated. I can't deal with a "pregnant" phone.

+5 on this thread. We should really emphasize the pros instead of the cons.

funkyb

Reaction score

Well stated. I can't deal with a "pregnant" phone.

+5 on this thread. We should really emphasize the pros instead of the cons.

+0.002! Yea, I think she's a keeper :)

RedTarget

Reaction score
I have to say that I am more satisfied with this device the longer I use it. The speed has been nothing short of incredible and even unrooted it has been a blast. I didn't fully start enjoying my Droid until I rooted, but with the Thunderbolt I don't feel the urge to do so yet. Sense has been a welcome feature and the upgrade in screen size is better than what I expected.

It's nice to have a phone that isn't lagging behind or having issues rotating the screen. The Droid served me well, but the thunderbolt is quickly showing me what I was missing with a more powerful phone! Kudos to HTC and Verizon... This is one happy 'Bolt owner!

Also I am now running at 40% battery after 18 hours of my normal use.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

stuigi

Reaction score

How are yo getting hulu to work. I go to their site and I get a popup message that says my device is not supported. Same on netflix

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care if my battery drains, at least I'll enjoy my phone for what it was intended for!

+1 for the first TB thread that makes sense....

Sorry to get into the game so late on this one but put me in this camp as well. I've been there all along. Battery saving tips, turn this off, turn that off. Why not turn off the whole phone? Just sit it on a shelf and don't use it?

I don't know enough about tb to make recommendations about getting inexpensive batteries and chargers so you don't have to worry about the battery but that's what should be done. So turn the GPS back on, leave the BT on and for crying out loud enjoy the phone.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Sorry to get into the game so late on this one but put me in this camp as well. I've been there all along. Battery saving tips, turn this off, turn that off. Why not turn off the whole phone? Just sit it on a shelf and don't use it?

I don't know enough about tb to make recommendations about getting inexpensive batteries and chargers so you don't have to worry about the battery but that's what should be done. So turn the GPS back on, leave the BT on and for crying out loud enjoy the phone.

Exactly. If I could I'd force every Thunderbolt user to charge up their phones (ONCE...) and use it till it dies. Most will get 10+ hours of battery life even though the first hour to two hours will show a 20-30% drain. That's what convinced me I did not have a battery problem. Now I'm enjoying my phone and not freaking out about the huge drop in battery % after unplugging.

MrKleen

Reaction score
The battery seems just fine to me. Coming from the X I am used to it.

It doesn't make sense to strip things you want to use off your phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The battery seems just fine to me. Coming from the X I am used to it.

It doesn't make sense to strip things you want to use off your phone.
Why have apps eating up battery for things you don't use?

Twitter, Facebook, blockbuster, etc....

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha as much as I want to save battery I refuse to turn off 4g, GPS, data, wifi, and auto-syncing. I'm not opposed to setting profiles and underclocking a bit though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ThunderboltMITCH

Reaction score
I thought about starting a thread titled " STOP COMPLAINING AND ENJOY YOUR PHONE FOR WHAT IT IS" but I think this thread conveys that without being rude, lol. Honestly my battery life isn't that bad and I hardly put it down. I can understand the people that have questions on how to do something, but how many threads do we really need for people to complain. Just once I'd like to come on here and read some posts about cool new features the community found.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)
Alright, Here I go... The battery on this phone IS CRAP and unacceptable for me! I am NoT going to spend another $50.00 for the battery this phone should have come with, nor, am I going to pay $60.00 for the charger that will allow me to charge the phone and new battery. NOPE!! I am returning this MISTAKE! When Verizon is ready to repackage this phone correctly, make cases that will fit the redone phone, THEN, I will repurchase it. They are not going to take me as a sucker for another $100.00 to fix their mistake...Who's with me!!??

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I thought about starting a thread titled " STOP COMPLAINING AND ENJOY YOUR PHONE FOR WHAT IT IS" but I think this thread conveys that without being rude, lol. Honestly my battery life isn't that bad and I hardly put it down. I can understand the people that have questions on how to do something, but how many threads do we really need for people to complain. Just once I'd like to come on here and read some posts about cool new features the community found.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)
Alright, Here I go... The battery on this phone IS CRAP and unacceptable for me! I am NoT going to spend another $50.00 for the battery this phone should have come with, nor, am I going to pay $60.00 for the charger that will allow me to charge the phone and new battery. NOPE!! I am returning this MISTAKE! When Verizon is ready to repackage this phone correctly, make cases that will fit the redone phone, THEN, I will repurchase it. They are not going to take me as a sucker for another $100.00 to fix their mistake...Who's with me!!??
1st Gen of 4G LTE, what did you expect? Enjoy paying your $35 stocking fee. I'm keeping this beast. It beats any other phone I've ever owned or used.

You should get an iToy. Seems like you'd fit into the Apple fanboi club well.

Status
Not open for further replies.