Engadget smartphone of the year: Vote for the Droid!!!

rda990

Reaction score
heh I can't get the darned thing to work. I have to enter Private Browsing, vote, exit Private Browsing, then re-enter Private Browsing in order to vote again. The add-on can't follow me in and out of PB :(

under "custom length of time to keep history" drop down.

I don't see this drop down menu that you are referring to. I did, however, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and changed my History setting to "never remember history", but I still can only vote once.

Yeah you have to delete the cookies everytime...I was also thinking about that private browsing thing but that still keeps your cookies until you exit...and its not the history that you have to delete its the cookies. If i find how to do that then it will work.
Come on guys we only have 5000 votes when we have over 30,000 members. Where is everyone at?

Well if the Mods or whoever wanted to be really nice and have a chance to win...they would put the link at the home page :) or even better...as soon as you get to the site...you get a pop-up or whatever asking you to please vote :)

deputc26

Reaction score

I don't see this drop down menu that you are referring to. I did, however, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and changed my History setting to "never remember history", but I still can only vote once.

Yeah you have to delete the cookies everytime...I was also thinking about that private browsing thing but that still keeps your cookies until you exit...and its not the history that you have to delete its the cookies. If i find how to do that then it will work.
Come on guys we only have 5000 votes when we have over 30,000 members. Where is everyone at?

Well if the Mods or whoever wanted to be really nice and have a chance to win...they would put the link at the home page :) or even better...as soon as you get to the site...you get a pop-up or whatever asking you to please vote :)
Or a mass pm but lol, no that won't work unless your ip is different too, it will look likit works but not.

rda990

Reaction score

Or a mass pm but lol, no that won't work unless your ip is different too, it will look likit works but not.

lol good idea and yeah -_- unless you now have a program that changes your external IP to a proxy or something then your good to go :icon_ banana:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

GREAT IDEA!!! I just tried it with Chrome's incognito mode and it worked perfectly!! I just voted again lol >.> droid for everything!! We're slowly catching back up!

deputc26

Reaction score
I guess I could also mention that while we're coming from behind in the above categories we absolutely own best gps category.

deputc26

Reaction score
crash8.jpg

*bump*