Emptying the Trash!

Dr Ray Voller

Reaction score
I have over 4000 email messages in my trash folder..Without going thru each one and highlighting each one to help clear out my trash folder, HOW in the WORLD can I bulk delete these emails? They're clogging up my phone memory!
HELP!!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're talking stock email account, right? Delete the account and start over.

However, an even better way is to switch to K9.

JCo352

Reaction score
About once a week or whenever I think about it, I just go on my computer and do it, it takes like ten seconds.

flydoc

Reaction score
I spoke to Motorola about this. If you use Gmail, the trash empties itself every 30 days. If you use other email ( I use roadrunner), you have to empty the trash, or it just accumulates. You have to delete each email from the in box, and then again from the trash folder. There is no way around it, according to Motorola.

OP
D

Dr Ray Voller

Reaction score
I"m actually on hold with a Verizon rep who is helping me with this..She agrees with you ..HOWEVER she said there's a few options. Since I have thousands of trashed emails, I'm going to wipe the account and start over to get the damn thing flushed out. We downloaded an app called mobile backup home which moves your contacts to your SD card..then we're syncing the comcast account with gmail, to ensure everything is retained, then wiping the damn comcast account off the phone..HOW STUPID is it NOT to have a 'select all' or an ability to highlight vast amounts of data or emails on your phone!? Told the rep to tell the boss!
:)
Thanks for your help!

bomber889

Reaction score
I"m actually on hold with a Verizon rep who is helping me with this..She agrees with you ..HOWEVER she said there's a few options. Since I have thousands of trashed emails, I'm going to wipe the account and start over to get the damn thing flushed out. We downloaded an app called mobile backup home which moves your contacts to your SD card..then we're syncing the comcast account with gmail, to ensure everything is retained, then wiping the damn comcast account off the phone..HOW STUPID is it NOT to have a 'select all' or an ability to highlight vast amounts of data or emails on your phone!? Told the rep to tell the boss!
:)
Thanks for your help!

All your contacts are stored on your google account anyways.

OP
D

Dr Ray Voller

Reaction score
they were supposed to be, but we checked, and they weren't. I'm doing it right now! Whew..almost wiped the phone AND the contacts!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the flock, go on line to Gmail, trash, and empty all trash. Bam, it's all gone.

This is not difficult.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the flock, go on line to Gmail, trash, and empty all trash. Bam, it's all gone.

This is not difficult.

I think he was talking about the stock email client, not gmail.

The mail comes from gmail. Empty gmail on line and your phone will be empty to. That's where it's getting it's info.

If it's not working that way then, once again, there is something wrong in the set up.

AndyP

Reaction score
a little shortcut...

wow, i was not even aware of that. i just deleted all my trash. What helps is you can check each one and then delete the whole page at once.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow, i was not even aware of that. i just deleted all my trash. What helps is you can check each one and then delete the whole page at once.

Or if you want there is a link that says delete all trash and you can get rid of everything with one click.