Does 2.1 fix the deleting email issue?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Not being able to empty the trash folder or sent folder in email is really my only gripe with the Google OS. It is fine with my exchange account since what I delete from the PC is eventually deleted from the Droid, but POP mail is another story and IMAP is not an option.

Can someone that is running 2.1 tell me if this is resolved? Is there an Empty Trash option or at lease a select all?

My trash at last emptying had several hundred emails in it and it took me forever to select each and delete it.

Alternatives?

JJ

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not being able to empty the trash folder or sent folder in email is really my only gripe with the Google OS. It is fine with my exchange account since what I delete from the PC is eventually deleted from the Droid, but POP mail is another story and IMAP is not an option.

Can someone that is running 2.1 tell me if this is resolved? Is there an Empty Trash option or at lease a select all?

My trash at last emptying had several hundred emails in it and it took me forever to select each and delete it.

Alternatives?

JJ

If you have that many emails, why in the world would you delete them from the droid knowing that it doesn't have a select all option? For now, the alternative is to hop on a computer and hit 'select all'.

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score

Alternatives?

JJ

If you have that many emails, why in the world would you delete them from the droid knowing that it doesn't have a select all option? For now, the alternative is to hop on a computer and hit 'select all'.

I am deleting them on the droid, because there are in the trash. The trash folder does not sync with the POP Server so if I delete the email from the inbox on the Droid, they remain in the Trash. At the moment, the only way to manage this is to remember to delete them from the trash when there are only a few messages in there. Believe me, if I could manage the problem from a PC, I would (and am for the Exchange email).

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post... coffee hasn't hit the brain yet. :)

allikanbe

Reaction score
On maybe a similar note, my email (gmail) trash can says I have 2 emails in the trash, but there is nothing there. I've checked both the droid and my computer and there is nothing in the trash, but I cannot get rid of the 2 next to the trash can.
reboot and remove battery and refresh does not help.

mkloharry

Reaction score
On maybe a similar note, my email (gmail) trash can says I have 2 emails in the trash, but there is nothing there. I've checked both the droid and my computer and there is nothing in the trash, but I cannot get rid of the 2 next to the trash can.
Try using K 9 mail. It does everything you listed above including moving to folders.

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Try using K 9 mail. It does everything you listed above including moving to folders.

I actually installed K9 and thought it looked good, however, while I am able to get the native Exchange client and Touchdown to work with my exchange account at 1and1.com , I am unable to get K9 to even connect.

If anyone is using it on 1and1 and can offer some insight, I would be very grateful.

JJ

DogPaw

Reaction score
Select All and Delete Mail in POP trash folder

I still cannot beleive this problem exisits after a couple of updates. I thought for sure this would be one of the first issues addressed. I cannot beleive they would let you select one by one in the trash and not have a select all button in the trash. How hard can it be to add that line of code????

DogPaw

Reaction score
Wow, how long is this going to take!

I can't believe that after a year we are still unable to select "all" in the trash folder to delete and we cannot "move to folder" with exchange mail. I was able to do this on a Motorolla Q years ago. Sounds like these Smart Phones are not be using by business road warriors....