Android Email - Empty Trash Folder?

smolander

Reaction score
I tried using the forum search but couldn't find an answer.

I've had my Droid since it came out last November. I hate the base email program and run my company email off of Touchdown.

However, I am now sync'ing my personal email (exchange based) with the base Android email store.

Even tough it lacks fundamental features (move to folder, GAL, accept appointments, etc.) it works well for my personall account.

My problem is that when I delete an email on the Droid the next sync will delete with my exchange account and move the message to my Droid Trash.

Now I have 232 messages in my Droid trash. I've already deleted over 100, but gave up on that early on.

So ... how the heck do you clear your Trash?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Delete the messages one by one from trash or delete entire account and start over. This is one of several reasons to use k9.

JCo352

Reaction score
Every once in a while I just go on my computer and I delete them, usually like 300 in there before I think about it.

OP
S

smolander

Reaction score
Delete the messages one by one from trash or delete entire account and start over. This is one of several reasons to use k9.

That is absolutely rediculous. Seems an easy fix for Google ...

OP
S

smolander

Reaction score
Every once in a while I just go on my computer and I delete them, usually like 300 in there before I think about it.

That's my issue. My deleted items are empty on my exhange server, but remain in my Droid Trash. It would be easy if it were just a sync, but that seems to be one folder that does NOT sync.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go to Gmail on line there is a link to empty all trash permanently. That's what you should do, you can get there by phone or by computer.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

That is absolutely rediculous. Seems an easy fix for Google ...

I agree. But really, no one should use the stock "Email" app. It's buggy and never updated. Go with k9.

+1 K-9 enables mass selection and deletion of emails. You may also "expunge" the deleted email, effectively wiping it.

Frankly, K-9 is the only third party app that I'd maintain is so superior to the stock app provided on the Droid that virtually everyone should use it. It's not a matter of personal preference; it's just a much, much better app.

fultonjf

Reaction score
Deleting the native email app

How do you delete the native email app? When I go into app manager the native application does not show.