Employer Discount

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by BPHusker, Jul 8, 2014.

1. BPHusker

BPHusker New Member

I switched over to Verizon in October and had them set me up for a discount through my employer. 2 cycles later I did not have the discount. I stopped back in January and they said it was submitted wrong so they submitted it again. Anyway, it still hasn't taken the percentage off even though it is showing it was approved.

I called the customer care today and had them look into it. I just got a response back that I'm not eligible for the discount because I don't have a contract (went month to month waiting for the S5) and that those are the terms of their discount program. I'm looking at their discount page it says NOTHING about requiring a contract.

Is that right or am I getting hosed?
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Have you only talked to one representative? I'd personally ask for a manager or supervisor with this issue.
  3. bkdodger

bkdodger DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Please call them again ..if you are paying for service then you should be getting a discount ..simple as that ..they need to verify employment but that should be all ..Keep us posted

M8 tap'd
  4. cr6

cr6 DF Super Moderator Staff Member

I know our employer tells us we have to be on a plan, so I don't know about month to month. (It makes sense though) Hopefully a Vzw can work with you on this. Good luck BP!

tap'n on my S5
  5. Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23 Member

When I had Vzw now ATT my employer discount has been valid with or without a contract.
  6. cr6

cr6 DF Super Moderator Staff Member

That's true Dawg. We recently updated our phones and paid retail in order to keep our unlimited, so technically we aren't on the typical 2 year contract that one would pay had we purchased them at the subsidized price. (We still got my 22 percent discount) so yeah, BP should technically get the discount as well. Not sure how this works on their "Edge" service though.
    I imagine each companies "company discount" varies as well, so it's hard to say.

tap'n on my S5