Employer Discount

BPHusker

Reaction score
I switched over to Verizon in October and had them set me up for a discount through my employer. 2 cycles later I did not have the discount. I stopped back in January and they said it was submitted wrong so they submitted it again. Anyway, it still hasn't taken the percentage off even though it is showing it was approved.

I called the customer care today and had them look into it. I just got a response back that I'm not eligible for the discount because I don't have a contract (went month to month waiting for the S5) and that those are the terms of their discount program. I'm looking at their discount page it says NOTHING about requiring a contract.

Is that right or am I getting hosed?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you only talked to one representative? I'd personally ask for a manager or supervisor with this issue.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Please call them again ..if you are paying for service then you should be getting a discount ..simple as that ..they need to verify employment but that should be all ..Keep us posted

M8 tap'd

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know our employer tells us we have to be on a plan, so I don't know about month to month. (It makes sense though) Hopefully a Vzw can work with you on this. Good luck BP!

tap'n on my S5

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
When I had Vzw now ATT my employer discount has been valid with or without a contract.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's true Dawg. We recently updated our phones and paid retail in order to keep our unlimited, so technically we aren't on the typical 2 year contract that one would pay had we purchased them at the subsidized price. (We still got my 22 percent discount) so yeah, BP should technically get the discount as well. Not sure how this works on their "Edge" service though.
I imagine each companies "company discount" varies as well, so it's hard to say.

tap'n on my S5

kajira

Reaction score
My husband is eligible for a discount though work and we are on EDGE - we have gotten a few different answers .

I ask every time and still have no good answer

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You MUST be in a contracted line on an eligible plan. The recent individual plans are NOT eligible.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm on a Nationwide Calling plan with no contact (month to month) for years and I have the company discount. It's only 15%, so I wonder if different discount tiers have different rules.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on a Nationwide Calling plan with no contact (month to month) for years and I have the company discount. It's only 15%, so I wonder if different discount tiers have different rules.
Yes, they do. They've been over this 1000x over on Howard Forums, which is why I know a little bit about it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2