Best way to upgrade

strider4560

Reaction score
I'm dying to get my Droid X, but while I count the days to my "New Every 2" discount, the shipping date seems to jump atleast 3 days each day.

The Rep at my local Verizon store mentioned the NE2 discount being $100, but I swear in previous years it was a $200 discount. Has this changed? If the discount is only $100, then I've considered buying the Droid X through Walmart. They're $150 with a new 2 year contract, which leads to another question:

My contract expires in December. Does that mean I can't get the New Contract discount until December? If so, then I'll wait for the NE2.

Should I spring for the $200 Droid X offered to me by the Rep? Then I will use the NE2 discount on getting a family member a new phone.

Or should I wait until the 22nd and use the NE2 discount then, and run the risk of the shipping date being a month in the future, or do you think the Droid production will soon catch up to the demand and bring the shipping dates back, rather than them pushing forward.

I've already asked if I could use the NE2 discount now to get the phone in the queue, which should arrive, still after the 22nd. We've been customers of Verizon's for quite a long time, and we've done this in the past with no problems, but the Rep said there was no way to do that.

All comment and opinions are much appreciated. Thank you! :)

dancedroiddancedroid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Due to Verizon messing up my account and giving me the NE2 instead of just the 1 year upgrade I should have had. I ending up paying 149.99 for the phone with the NE2 and online discount plus the extra 50 for the NE2. The price for people eligable to upgrade is 299-100 online discount is 199-50 extra for NE2 gives you 149

The Rick

Reaction score
guys, NE2 discounts vary by account and age. on the old system, if your account was high enough, you'd get $100 off the 2 year contract price, $50 off if your monthly was lower (I think the cutoff is $79 for a main line plan). Those numbers are now $50/$30.

I would just wait for the NE2 discount on the 22nd. You would get the phone for $199 in store with a $100 MIR making it $100 (+Tax).

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If those numbers are 50/30 I guess since I have a higher plan they gave me 50. So the lowest you are going to get one is 149 not 100, if you do it in store you pay 249 and then get the 100 mail in. That is why I always order online to get it right away.

KE6ZAP

Reaction score
If those numbers are 50/30 I guess since I have a higher plan they gave me 50. So the lowest you are going to get one is 149 not 100, if you do it in store you pay 249 and then get the 100 mail in. That is why I always order online to get it right away.
I waited for my NE2... I went to the store on Sunday the 8th.. the phone was $299-$100 for the NE2 net in store was $199, then I get the $100 rebate by mail, so after allrebates said and done I will get the phone for $99 plus taxes.....