emailing pictures from DX

coolbreez

Reaction score
I'm sure this have been covered but I can't find a good thread about this, so, can you email a picture that has been taken on the DX? I tried emailing a pic and it never arrived so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it can't be done. If it can't, why not?

Thanks

brenneisec

Reaction score
you can send it as a text to an email or as an email to an email. go to gallery. find pic. click menu. click share. click email or gmail. it will create a new email with the picture as an attachment

OP
C

coolbreez

Reaction score
That's what I did but I never receive the email.

brenneisec

Reaction score
thats strange. are you sure theyre sending? maybe someone else can jump in with some suggestions

Rocko

Reaction score
This is a common bug with the X. Sometimes pictures don't go through. Delete the message, make sure sync is on, and try again.

Most of the problems occur when the pic is too large. For 8mp pics, make sure wifi is on.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i had issues (havn't tried it lately) with sending pics via SMS....however, going through the gmail app sending pics, i get success every time.

open up gmail,menu> compose, menu again>attach, then select the pic from the gallery. just did this for someone i was trying to sell my hot tub to...they got the pics just fine and i was on 3G

OP
C

coolbreez

Reaction score
Great tip brenneisec.
I started gmail and attached the pic and it worked, however, if I go into the gallery and select a picture and hit share than hit email, it does open an email at shows it has attached it. But when I send it it shows up in my out box and I can't open it or send it. the only thing I can do is long press and delete it. This happens using wifi and 3G.