No delete from server option on DX?

Roadking

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently upgraded from D1 to DX and absolutely love the phone and the new features. My one concern about the phone is a feature that was on my D1 and even the iphones I had in past but cannot find it on the DX. It is the email option to delete emails from server. At first I thought "well maybe it is now automatic when ya delete from trash". Nope! I just checked my emails on my laptop and there they all were for past few days.
I can't believe Motorola forgot to include such a basic feature thats been on all the smartphones I've owned.

I hope they include it in a future update.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently upgraded from D1 to DX and absolutely love the phone and the new features. My one concern about the phone is a feature that was on my D1 and even the iphones I had in past but cannot find it on the DX. It is the email option to delete emails from server. At first I thought "well maybe it is now automatic when ya delete from trash". Nope! I just checked my emails on my laptop and there they all were for past few days.
I can't believe Motorola forgot to include such a basic feature thats been on all the smartphones I've owned.

I installed K-9 mail, it works pretty well and does delete email from the server.

jsnietka

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the same problem with my Comcast email, it doesn't delete from the server.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the stock email app is anything like the droid 1 stock app then no one should use it. There are several bugs including:
-sends random email from the past when replying
-sends mail that appears as gibberish in some email clients (base 64 bug)
-randomly stops polling/notifying
Use K9 or any other alternative you can find, such as having gmail check your account/forwarding mail to gmail.