email notification

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Hello all, new droid user here, love the phone, although it has an annoying problem where i get notified of new email even when i dont have new email,have removed and reinstalled email, called verizon, no known problems, does it all the time, does anyone have experience with that issue and how to resolve it???

thanks
Jeff

HouseOfZane

Reaction score
as aminaked is fond of pointing out, the stock droid email client is faulty :)

I know that, as a casual user, you shouldn't have to download a 3rd party app just to use email properly. But, again, the stock client seems to leave much to be desired.

I've never had any problems with my droid x using the stock client, but all of my email accounts are either synced up with an exchange server or set up as IMAP.

tdowning6

Reaction score
I have the Droid1 and use the stock email and corporate email and have noticed that with the stock one. Usually I have emails in there that I haven't opened so when it refreshes I think it is just telling me to open those. Hope this helps......

mjlthuston

Reaction score
I got the native client working and now it won't recieve attachments from exchange. The attachments don't even show up in the email. I was using K9, however I like the native because it supports my corporate calendar and address book. Guess I'll have to buy Touchdown. Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting?

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
thanks for the info, gonna check into this K9 app, plus i put a call into motorola tech support but never got a return call, so will see how it goes.

jeff