Yahoo email notifications stopped working....

jbake135

Reaction score
I used to receive all Yahoo email notifications on my phone basically as soon as I got the email. I am using the yahoo email app on my Droid Incredible.

However, the past few days.... I have not received any notifications. The email icon does not show up at the top of the screen. No notification sound. No vibration. Nothing.... The only way I can see if I have new emails is to go into my inbox and it checks for new messages then.

I have restarted my phone. I have uninstalled / reinstalled the yahoo app.

Any suggestions?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've never gotten notifications from the app. I'm not sure what's wrong with it

OP
J

jbake135

Reaction score
I was reading some of the comments on the Yahoo Mail App and seems like everyone is having the same problem. What I have been able to figure out so far is that Yahoo changed their settings and will not allow it anymore unless you upgrade it to Yahoo Plus which is $20 / year.

Another fix is to set up your yahoo email to forward to gmail and add the Gmail App. But I am not really a fan of that......

O well!

jamesmartininaz

Reaction score
Yahoo Mail notifications

I experienced this problem when using the Yahoo! mail application from the Android Market. I removed the application and set up my Yahoo! account through the native mail application (manage accounts) on the phone. I haven't had a problem receiving notifications since.

jbdavies

Reaction score
They released a new version yesterday (Saturday) that should have fixed it. I get instant notifications when I get an email.

One thing I did notice, is that when I updated, I got a notification like I had an email, but it was a message saying that Notifications was turned off. So, I obviously had to go back in and turn it back on. So I would go in to make sure you really are set up to get notifications.

jamesmartininaz

Reaction score
yahoo mail app notification

Are you talking about an update to the Yahoo! mail application? I dont believe they sent out another one for the phone, although they need to because after updating the OS I can no longer disable the screen lock. Theres a few other bugs too... it would be nice to see a quick patch come out.

jbdavies

Reaction score
Yes. They released it yesterday... or maybe it was Friday. All my days seem to blend together, I can't remember. Haha.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Since yahoo doesn't make an operating system for cell phones, I decided to make gmail my new email of choice and went to Yahoo>Options>Push all emails to gmail.... and then called it a day, been good since with email pushes :)

jamesmartininaz

Reaction score

I was trying to avoid doing that but Im about to give in. It will ease my frustration with not being able to view my gmail emails in the native "messaging" app (where the Yahoo inbox is located).. wtf is that all about. This phone has a Google operating system requiring a gmail account and the gmail account isnt available through the universal inbox. I have to have a separate Gmail icon. Really dumb.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I feel it is a 50/50 thing for me.
I would say most of the time I have no problems with the yahoo mail app but once in a while I won't get anything for a couple hours. thankfully my yahoo mail is personal so it is mainly for facebook notifications and junk and bills and stuff.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since yahoo doesn't make an operating system for cell phones, I decided to make gmail my new email of choice and went to Yahoo>Options>Push all emails to gmail.... and then called it a day, been good since with email pushes :)

I see the option to forward all the emails to gmail, but it costs $20/year.

TreyMcClure

Reaction score
how to fix yahoo! email issue

I fixed it on my phone by clearing all yahoo! email application data, removing the application, removing my yahoo email account from email application and then adding it back. I don't know that all of these steps are necessary, but I now get email from yahoo in the email application which i think is better than what yahoo! currently offers. #Fail

Trey

jerrywesley

Reaction score
Solved on Thunderbolt

Solved:
Went into my mail "Account settings" for yahoo and went though the user name screens then selected finished. Didn't change a thing, just reconfirmed the settings. Immediately after that I got notifications.

Reboots didn't help and I didn't want to delete the account.
And there you have it!

myersdtm

Reaction score
Here is another fix you might try, especially if Verizon is your carrier. I've been having trouble with Yahoo notifications for the past week or so. That's to say, there were a couple of periods when I just wasn't getting any. I tried un-installing, re-installing etc. Still no notifications.

Skype has just come out with a new app that circumvents the old pre-installed Verizon Skpe app in which you have to shut off your Wi-fi to use it, thus ensuring that Verizon is able to charge you for minutes. The new Skype app is great, BUT it seems that for me, somehow it played merry hell with the Yahoo notifications.

The Skype app boots up with your phone so, I had to go to Settings>Applications>Running services (NOT through Manage Applications) to turn it off. The Yahoo notifications came back immediately both times when I turned the new Skype app off.

Hope this helps someone.