1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email issues

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by loganvilledroid, Feb 25, 2010.

1. loganvilledroid

loganvilledroid New Member

I got my new droid last night and I am a little apprehensive.... I have been a Blackberry user for about 3 years. I am having some difficulty with the emails.

I have 3 mail boxes set up - 2 comcast & the 1 Gmail, and I view them in the combined inbox setting. When I go to an individual email "account" somtimes the old message are GONE... where did they go? Is there an archive somewhere that I can turn off? I need to be able to view these emails later on....
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You don't see it still in your gmail? How have you got your 2 comcast accounts set up? They should be forwarded to gmail.
  3. loganvilledroid

loganvilledroid New Member

No- When I went to set up my emails... I got to set up both my comcast before I even activated my gmail account....

But upon further investigation.... it looks like they all dissappear when I plug my phone in to charge.... why do they dissappear and where do they go? Is there an archive function I need to turn off?
  4. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I noticed that email would disappear from the stock email app's inbox when I was using IMAP. I believe that the problem had to do w/ old software on the mail server. You might want to try POP.