Where are my e-mails?

R23PO

Reaction score
Just got a droid yesterday and am loving it so far. I have set up my sbcglobal.net and att.com e-mail addresses, as well as my gmail account for e-mail. I keep getting notifications that I'm receiving new e-mails, but when I go into "EMail" or "GMail" I'm not seeing new messages. Any ideas where these would be going?

Also, is there a way that I can click on "EMail" and have it open the "Combined Inbox" everytime?

Thanks in advance!

OP
R23PO

R23PO

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll give that a shot as soon as I have a chance. It's odd though, I set up those two accounts and it quickly populated the phone with the existing e-mails in those two accounts. I'm getting e-mail notifications but only some of them are actually showing up on the phone. Seems to be hit and miss. Hopefully your link will sort that out. Thanks again!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll give that a shot as soon as I have a chance. It's odd though, I set up those two accounts and it quickly populated the phone with the existing e-mails in those two accounts. I'm getting e-mail notifications but only some of them are actually showing up on the phone. Seems to be hit and miss. Hopefully your link will sort that out. Thanks again!

If they don't help you may try the K9 app. Many people have reported success with that but I'll bet it's something in the set up. If you can't find anything go to the Market and give K9 a chance.

OP
R23PO

R23PO

Reaction score
Awesome! I appreciate the help!

OP
R23PO

R23PO

Reaction score
Just another quick question on this. If I go through the steps listed above to set up Gmail to pull my other pop3 accounts, will it override my current settings on the phone? If I do the process will it pull duplicate e-mails since I already have the two pop3 accounts set up on my phone, or will everything just come through the gmail account without duplicates coming through? Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep getting notifications that I'm receiving new e-mails, but when I go into "EMail" or "GMail" I'm not seeing new messages. Any ideas where these would be going?
With most notifications if you drag down the notification bar you can click on a notification to go to whatever the notification was for. Have you tried that?

Just another quick question on this. If I go through the steps listed above to set up Gmail to pull my other pop3 accounts, will it override my current settings on the phone? If I do the process will it pull duplicate e-mails since I already have the two pop3 accounts set up on my phone, or will everything just come through the gmail account without duplicates coming through? Thanks!
Override what settings? If you're directly pulling email from the account as well as gmail/email you'll end up with duplicates. You should remove the accounts if you want gmail to pull mail from them. Basically, the Droid will do what you tell it to do.

Last edited:
OP
R23PO

R23PO

Reaction score
Thanks takeshi! I did eventually figure out the pull-down notification bar. I would get a notification, pull down the bar and it would say that I received a new e-mail and had 6 unread. But when I'd go into the e-mail, there wouldn't be any new messages. But 15-20 minutes later I'd get another notification and the e-mail would finally appear in my inbox. Luckily I followed hookbill's recommendation and am now pushing those e-mail accounts through gmail. It's been working perfectly since yesterday. Just like I wanted.

I also eventually figured out that, like you said, I would get duplicate e-mails from the standard e-mail inbox. So once I confirmed that the gmail set-up was working, I went in and deleted the accounts from the other e-mail program. So you're right, the phone is doing exactly what I'm telling it to do!