Email issues... and how to re-enable the mail app?

MQAAord

Reaction score
So, first day with the new droid and the email is messed up.

I have two Comcast accounts that I set up, and they worked fine. Then I added my gmail account (yes, I know there's already an app for that but I wanted them all in one place) and a yahoo account. Suddenly no more mail. Mail app wouldn't pull down ANY email from any account.

I went to settings ----> applications ----> running services ----> and "ended" the mail app. How do I get it BACK up and running and showing on that screen again?

It seems there's a LOT of issues with email on the droid... that sucks! Being able to have access to my email was one of the biggest reasons I got the droid!

I'll take it to the Verizon store Monday for in-person help if I have to. (Can't go over the weekend, kids with me.) Would like to the problem solved before then if possible!

Help, pretty please?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should just have to click the app again and open up the accounts for them to be there again and running in the background.

OP
MQAAord

MQAAord

Reaction score
Thanks! I turned the phone off, let it sit, and powered back up, and it pulled down email from the one Comcast account I had put back on.

The mail program still doesn't show in the running services list though?

Droider

Reaction score
I think it shows as a running "app" and not a service.

If you install an app like TasKiller and look at the running apps, you will see that Email is running most of the time in the background.