web based email

phidelt222

Reaction score
I am having trouble setting up a web based email account on my droid. I have seen the forums and have successfully set up a yahoo account but still cannot figure this one out. My email is set up to have [email protected]/mail. whenenver if put in the /mail i cannot click the next button. I have attempted to use po, imap and web. Can someone help or direct me to another thread for solution?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your company requirements are but my sense is you are not being allowed to advance because the app is sensing that you've entered an invalid email address. Try dropping the(/mail)

Mike

OP
phidelt222

phidelt222

Reaction score
should this account be set up as pop, imap ore exchange?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That depends on your company's protocol but I would try POP first.

Mike

OP
phidelt222

phidelt222

Reaction score
after removing the /mail i still get "set up could not finish unable to open connection to server". When checking my email on my pc i have to go to compnayname.net/mail to access the log in page. This set up does not seem to allow the / character.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I am assuming. you are using a web interface on your comp, does your company even support POP3, IMAP or any other way?

there might be that limitation.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really misread! If this is a Web based email then as nerdbox08 suggests you may need to use your browser to access your email.

Mike