Email Account Problem

clayc_989

Reaction score
I've recently installed a "rom" on my DX and have lost functionality to my second personal email account. I can add it but cannot access the inbox or receive emails. Im not sure what I can do about it....

Also, when I go to Settings- -> Data Manager- -> Data Delivery --> Email Sync, I'm taken back to the Settings menu. The rom is Rubix Focused.

Ideas?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you talking about a gmail account or a pop3 account?

Either way, here is what I would suggest: go to this website and download the latest version of K-9 email: Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code

It is a much better email app than the native one.

Also, if the account to which are referring is a pop3 account, I would also consider going to your gmail inbox on the computer and under settings add the pop3 account to the gmail. The gmail program will then ping the pop3 account every few (1-5) minutes and push the pop3 emails to your gmail app. I've been doing this for quite a while and it works well and is less battery intensive than having the pop3 account polled from your phone.

Good luck and let us know if any of this helps. :)

OP
C

clayc_989

Reaction score
I added the address to my gmail account under "accounts" and have yet to receive an email through my gmail account. Is there something I'm missing? Its a hotmail account...

I'd like to get this fixed without installing a new app but if I have to I guess I will.