Data fetching and my google account aren't getting along

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by GrimGriz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GrimGriz

GrimGriz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever since Gingerbread, I haven't received any notifications of new gmail - other than when I go into Settings>Accounts and "touch to sync."

If I hit the menu button (far left bottom in case that's not what it's actually called), the only option I get is Sync Now, which is the equivalent of touching each option listed above...( Google+ notifications, Books, contacts, gmail, calendar)...

I can't seem to find a place to set it to push, or sync every 5 minutes, etc. anywhere.

Under Settings>Battery & data manager>Data delivery -
    Background data is checked
    Data roaming is unchecked
    Data enabled is checked

Data push is checked under Email and Corporate Sync, but I can't select my gmail from the Default email account pulldown

So is this user error in not finding the right box to check, or something that happened to a lot of people after Gingerbread? I know I was getting gmail notifications prior...

2. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Put the power control widget on your home screen and make sure you have the auto-sync button enabled.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. GrimGriz

GrimGriz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly the problem, thanks very much. Put that widget on a homescreen after gingerbread and it never occurred to me the ramifications of there not being a green bar under the sync on - as I had just put it there to conveniently turn wifi and GPS on and off.

Thanks again,

GG

4. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. That seems to be most peoples issue with the google accounts not syncing. Pass on the good word!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums