Eciplse 905 to ICS

rayrivera1972

Reaction score
I am rooted and running the latest Eclipse 905. I want to switch and try ICS because of battery life and features. Problem is I can't get to a home computer. Is there any way I can flash and update to an ICS without a use of a desktop? Is there any way to flash through the phone only? I use Safestrap as my rom installer and backup Please help and provide steps. Thanks!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you must fxz back to stock .905 before the ICS leaks would install successfully

bbucks36

Reaction score
sure you can if you made a backup before you installed eclipse...then you could just put it on the phone... but like MBK said have to do a FXZ if you didnt have a backup

deduct

Reaction score
bbucks36 said:
sure you can if you made a backup before you installed eclipse...then you could just put it on the phone... but like MBK said have to do a FXZ if you didnt have a backup

Even with a stock backup, trying to flash ics leak would probably still fail. Google 902 fxz and you will find instructions on how to get back to stock by using 902 or 905 fxz with rsd lite program. You are going to need a desk top computer to do it though.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Even with a stock backup, trying to flash ics leak would probably still fail. Google 902 fxz and you will find instructions on how to get back to stock by using 902 or 905 fxz with rsd lite program. You are going to need a desk top computer to do it though.

Remember he can restore his preinstall partition using his stock backup or moto-fastbooting the preinstall.img. The 1st option does not require a pc. PM me if you need help.

deduct

Reaction score
eye_dea said:
Remember he can restore his preinstall partition using his stock backup or moto-fastbooting the preinstall.img. The 1st option does not require a pc. PM me if you need help.

Good deal. I was not sure if stock backup would have kept pre install partition stock. Makes sense that it would though. Yet, even more that I am learning from you eye dea. Thanks...

eye_dea

Reaction score
If you have a non-safe (stock) backup, you can restore your preinstall partition by turning off safe mode, then go to "backup and restore" then "advanced restore". Choose the non-safe backup file and then "system". After that is finished, you go into safestrap app to remove recovery and uninstall safestrap.

OP
R

rayrivera1972

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. My phone was down for a couple of days. I would really appreciate it, if I can get some steps on how to do it and your most recommended update(ICS 232, GB, 905). I am going to try to go to un safe system and try that way.