Echo or reverb in phone calls

windstrings

Reaction score
3) WITHOUT making any calls, disconnect the BT device (e.g. turn off the headset or carkit)
4) Now....make a call. It'll sound bad, probably on both ends.

Humm.. .this could explain why I get this prob in the mornings after I get to work..... but its inconsistent if so... I haven't had any issues since I updated the the -B vocode....

Are you running the latest vocode?
If not, try that and see if you can reproduce the problem again.

I'll have to investigate some more.. I do believe I made calls both of the last mornings before I disconnected which would violate the sequence of what causes the problem.

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
I couldn't reproduce the problem.

I went to my car, fired it up waited it bluetooth was connected.. turn the car back off.. gave it a couple of mins and made a call... sounded perfect.

So I went and changed my Vocode back to EVRC "regular" and did the same sequence and again... call was perfect.

So I changed my vocodec back to what I had it in the beginning "EVRC -B"
thats where I sit.

I could not reproduce the problem at all....

moparharn

Reaction score
My voice quality is so bad I almost can't even use the phone!

It is much worse when talking to someone on their cell phone. Either way I think I will have to return it before another option is available. This is ridiculous!

windstrings

Reaction score
It is much worse when talking to someone on their cell phone. Either way I think I will have to return it before another option is available. This is ridiculous!

Yep... something Verizon may not have thought about.

Many of us got our phones before Nov 11.. .that means we have to wait "more" than 30 days from when we bought it to see if the update will work.

Which means if it "doesnt work" we cannot return our phones for totally unacceptable echo problems.

They either need to move this particular problem update forward to at least Dec 5th or extend the deadline as to when we can take it back if they want us to be beta testers at our expense.

EDIT.... I don't want to cause a rush on verizon, but on the other hand, its good they know this is an issue....
I did call Verizon and posed that same question.. they added to my notes that my worry free guarantee would be extended to Dec 14th and to call them after the 11th if the fix does not resolve the issue..... "for a total of 8 extra days since I bought on the 6th"

Last edited:

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
I was at a Verizon store in Madison and two other people were complaining about the echo problem...I have done the 228 thing, rest and removed all the apps I had...went away for a day or two and now back....I really want to like this phone but getting frustrated...

fastazzevo

Reaction score
had a droid, had echo,, tried *228, seeemed to work awhile, but someone complained about it again, so I returned my droid..

now my new droid doing it too.. :(

droid DOES ECHO..

bspill

Reaction score
This from Motorola:

"If the party you are calling experiences an echo that can be dismissed by toggling the speaker phone on and off, this is an item that will be addressed in an upcoming software release.You will only have to accept the download when you're prompted. It's always been the plan with DROID, and with the rest of our Android-based devices, to continue to improve your experience with periodic software updates."

windstrings

Reaction score
ok.. it finally happened again.
I called another Verizon cellphone customer and had a heck of a terrible echo on the other end and on my end it was broken and fragmented.... I simply hit speaker phone and then quickly toggled back and the call was perfect!
Quite amazing!

You can tell when its happening because when they are getting an echo, you get nothing making it sound like the call is being broken up.

Quite an amazing find and excellent quick efficient workaround until the fix comes out!

windstrings

Reaction score
Fixed the echo..returned the 3rd droid and went back to my 3 yr old flip phone...

You obviously haven't played with yours as much as I have and found out all it will do.. I'm hooked.. I could never go back to my Dare.. which is an excellent phone.....

The Droid is more like a computer... A computer is nothing until you load it with software and then each addition transforms it into a whole new device with different functionality... which makes it almost limitless as long as someone writes software to do what you want. "and we are only at the beginning" and I'm amazed at all I can do.

I'm sure this will all be resolved due to who has their hands in the pot "Google"

Mysfit

Reaction score
My phone has had the echo thing twice. The 228 thing seems to of fixed it.

windstrings

Reaction score
My phone has had the echo thing twice. The 228 thing seems to of fixed it.

Yea, but just hit the speaker button in the lower right once and then again to take it back off speaker and its fixed!... at least for that call.

It only takes two seconds and the guy on the other end is none the wiser and you dont have to sever your phone call and make another call with the *228.

windstrings

Reaction score
I had the same echo issue with the caller on the other end. My problem was the plastic snap-on case, which caused the whole problem.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...289-plastic-snap-case-caused-big-problem.html

I had a tech try to tell me that, but the case on the droid is two pieces.. Front and back for the keyboard to slide out..

Also, simply pushing the speaker button twice fixes ours for that call.
Also, taking out the battery, resetting the phone, or dialing *228 also makes it go away temporarily... all of which don't affect the case so I'm saying thats a non issue for the droid.