Echo or reverb in phone calls

Tracyap

Reaction score
Let me add my name to the list. My mom is in her mid 70s and I talk with twice daily. Between the echo and the cutting in and out reception, it's causing her some distress ... which distresses me. Never had any call problems with my Curve. Love my Droid too much to ever go back, but this needs to get fixed. Tried all of the solutions mentioned in this post. Nothing helps.

windstrings

Reaction score
Let me add my name to the list. My mom is in her mid 70s and I talk with twice daily. Between the echo and the cutting in and out reception, it's causing her some distress ... which distresses me. Never had any call problems with my Curve. Love my Droid too much to ever go back, but this needs to get fixed. Tried all of the solutions mentioned in this post. Nothing helps.

Just curious Tracy.... did you try to push the "speaker" button and then press it again to deactivate it to put it back to normal?

I'm curious because it works every single time for me.

This will help rule out if we are having more than one issue creating echos.

beny0416

Reaction score
are you guys talking about an echo on your end? My callers say they can hear themselves echo on the other end? anyone having that?

Ominous

Reaction score
Me too

My parents have recently started complaining about echo on their end(they are on a landline) and my wife complains about echo and background noise when I'm driving.

Tracyap

Reaction score
I haven't yet tried to turn the speaker phone button on and off during the call. Will try that, too. My other issue is the cutting in and out. This is happening in places that never were a problem on my Curve (I did the programming that has been suggested). The Droid is cool, and I'm hanging in there for now. But my relationship with my parents and siblings, and hanging on the phone with them daily, is the crazy primary reason and purpose for my phone. Hoping for it to get better ...

windstrings

Reaction score
I haven't yet tried to turn the speaker phone button on and off during the call. Will try that, too. My other issue is the cutting in and out. This is happening in places that never were a problem on my Curve (I did the programming that has been suggested). The Droid is cool, and I'm hanging in there for now. But my relationship with my parents and siblings, and hanging on the phone with them daily, is the crazy primary reason and purpose for my phone. Hoping for it to get better ...

Yes the echo is on the other end and its addressed in the bullitin thats supposed to fix that problem Dec11.

When the echo is happening on the other end, it will sound like the call is breaking up on your end.... almost like while they are getting an echo, your getting nothing.. or something similiar"... when you activate the speaker button and then turn it back off, the problem is gone.

cheers007

Reaction score
I will try this the next time it happens to me. I just got a complaint about it today, so I will give the speakerphone toggle a try.

I love this forum and I appreciate the time people take to give workarounds. If only I can find a work around for the random and seldom lockups to the built in apps such as messaging and browser.

If someone knows of a thread on this forums regarding the lockups, can someone link me please? I've searched as best I could.

windstrings

Reaction score
I will try this the next time it happens to me. I just got a complaint about it today, so I will give the speakerphone toggle a try.

Most people are polite and assume its a bad connection so as soon as I hear them saying "what was that" or can you repeat?... I say hold on and within two seconds the call is good.

Usually I can tell if its a bad call because it sounds broken on my end and I've gotten to where I just hit the speaker phone button before even asking them.
This is such an issue, I'm surprised they are willing to wait till Dec11.. maybe it does take a true firmware update to fix this one.

helter

Reaction score
Echo here too. Speaker and back to handset clears it up. I still have on and off distortion that I can't get rid of.

windstrings

Reaction score
Echo here too. Speaker and back to handset clears it up. I still have on and off distortion that I can't get rid of.

Have you change your vocodec to the newer version?

1. Dial ##7764726
2. When it asks for the SPC PASSWORD, type 000000 and hit verify.
3. pick 04Vocode
4. By default its on EVRC.... instead pick EVRC-B and hit apply
5. Your phone will reset.

If you want to read about EVRC-B you can start here.

or search in google.

cheers007

Reaction score

Most people are polite and assume its a bad connection so as soon as I hear them saying "what was that" or can you repeat?... I say hold on and within two seconds the call is good.

Usually I can tell if its a bad call because it sounds broken on my end and I've gotten to where I just hit the speaker phone button before even asking them.
This is such an issue, I'm surprised they are willing to wait till Dec11.. maybe it does take a true firmware update to fix this one.

Yes, I did notice the cutting in and out on my end. I always thought it was my mic being way to sensitive because if I Mute my line, the cutting out goes away, and when I unmute, it comes right back.

Thanks for your advise. I will report back my findings next time this happens.

Kage

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the Power On Battery Pull method worked for me.
I thought i just had bad coverage.

Im happy now :D

windstrings

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that the Power On Battery Pull method worked for me.
I thought i just had bad coverage.

Im happy now :D
that works too.. but it takes time as well as kills your current phone call.

Anything that breaks the feedback loop works... the quickest is to simply use the speaker button.

when you hit it, you will hear the breaking up clear up on your end too.

Kage

Reaction score
Yeah, During calls it REPEATEDLY goes back to echo. And i have to mute it over and over again.
To fix it....-.-