Echo or reverb in phone calls

memoself

Reaction score
How do you reboot? I'm about ready to get another phone. Hubby and daughter don't even like to talk to me on my droid.

PZITTEL

Reaction score
Try lowering the volume on the phone this seem to work for me.

memoself

Reaction score
the volume on the side? I thought that was just for me hearing them. thats my ringer volume.

bspill

Reaction score
Reboot by holding down the power button on top and hitting (power off) when it comes on the screen. Wait a few seconds and hold down the power button. The phone takes a minute or so to reboot. It's solved the problem twice for me.

memoself

Reaction score
I rebooted, *228 1 and 2, took out the battery and threw away the cover that came with it. Something made the echo go away. Took the private off, didn't work, so I put that back on. I'm doing great now. wooo hooo!!

bspill

Reaction score
Since this appears to be a widespread problem, I would think Verizon would put something on their support page explaining the problem, work around, and final solution. It doesn't make sense for everyone to have to try different solutions until something works.

Timber

Reaction score
Hmmm, so the echo was back today and I think it's just cell to cell not cell to landline.

This time a simple restart fixed it but that isn't something I should have to do every day.

bspill

Reaction score
The problem has nothing to do with cell vs landline. If you use a bluethooth device, there is no echo, cell or landline. It is some type of software or combination of software and hardware that requires a fix.

T0DD

Reaction score
I had this issue when speaking to a "landline" phone. I also had it while speaking to another cell phone.

My question is: What is "voice privacy"? What is it supposed to do?

bspill

Reaction score
I emailed Verizon support about the echo problem. This was the response:

"At this time, I have not heard any concerns regarding the Droid having any issues. I wanted to provide this information over the phone but due to the industry regulations, it was too early to contact you. "

I just emailed them a link to this thread.

OP
B

beltwaybob

Reaction score
I called tech support and they said to remove the battery while the droid was up and running and then replace it after ten seconds. Pretty harsh reboot..... The echo went away.

I'd also had the problem that my email wasn't downloading and the reboot cured that also. I'm hoping we don't have to reboot every couple days...
Bob

txskeets

Reaction score
Isnt this echo, reverb, 'tones' issue supposed to be addressed in the 12/11 update? My issue with this 'whistle' and 'tone' noise seems to come and go right now.

windstrings

Reaction score
I made a phone call while still in bed this morning and my bed has steel bars around and above and I got the echo back on the other end.... but the interesting thing is when I walked away and got out of the steel cage of my bed it went away.

I don't know if I was getting standing waves reflecting back or if it was causing a marginal signal to the towers.....

Without a reboot... no more problems since.

No I'm not into S&M :)

windstrings

Reaction score
My phone did the echo thing again today.. this time i did a *228 and picked option 1 and it didn't reboot my phone and without trying to go back in and try option two, I tested it and that seemed to fix it. "again"

So since there was no reboot involved, that makes me think its related to interaction with the cell sites as doing a reprogram or a reboot either one would cause the camera to release connection with the cell site it was locked onto and come up on another.

txskeets

Reaction score
Found this over in the crackberry android forums...anyone tried it yet:

Saw this tip over at HoFo:

Get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, it made my in-call audio sound better. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.