Echo or reverb in phone calls

glued2abike

Reaction score
Call *228 , Option 1 to reset the phone programming and it will eliminate the echo. Not sure but I have had to do this twice now.

PhDCow

Reaction score
It's definitely the new firmware that installed. I'm going to give it today and then it looks like I'll be getting a new phone. Which SUCKS since I've spent time making the phone mine. Grrr.

gtraupman

Reaction score
Eliminating Echo

I found that if the person on the other end is complaining about echoing, I turn the speaker on, then off. This has cleared up the echoing every time. Unfortunately, it only lasts for that particular call.

windstrings

Reaction score
It's definitely the new firmware that installed. I'm going to give it today and then it looks like I'll be getting a new phone. Which SUCKS since I've spent time making the phone mine. Grrr.

I with you on that!... wouldn't hurt to do a *228 option 1 to reprogram and do it again with option 2 for cell tower updates... at least you know you've done all you can.

All else fails.... you could reinstall the firmware again unless you don't want to pressy our luck.

You didn't get any errors during the firmware install?

I've read about some folks that get an abort error at the very end and most of it installed but some didn't.

greggknows

Reaction score
Driod Echo Almost Solved

After numerous discussions with Verizon
It appears a software/hardware glitch is causing the echo on some Droid units

Per Verizon a software update is coming next and will be pushed to your phone after you accept

We'll see if it happens...Christmas is coming too!

fezdlc

Reaction score
Well I just received my ota update this morning and it looks like it took care of the echoing problem for me!! :smile:

Astro Droid

Reaction score
Droid echo

Got my update on 12/10/09 at 6:00 am in Blackwood, NJ (Southern NJ).
Not a huge fan of the new clock display, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
The phone does seem to be performing faster and so far, no callers have complained of an echo when speaking to me (droid antennas crossed) :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do u get to the programing menu

If people are complaining about echo I say forget about trying to change phone settings. Reboot every 3 days, talk into the mic, maybe get rid of your phone case, and just wait for 2.1

The above has stopped the problem for me, but if someone does complain of echo toggle speakerphone on and off to clear it. Time for a reboot.

windstrings

Reaction score
how do u get to the programing menu

Dial ##program and press send. Enter code 000000
In option #4 change the vocode option to EVRC-B. This is a higher level speech codec used by CDMA networks introduced by 3GPP2 based on 4GV concept and is the newest and most advanced codex for cellular applications. Your phone will reset after you apply and exit.

judybratt

Reaction score
Echo & Whistling noise during calls

I had the same exact problem! During calls I would hear this terrible, annoying whistling sound in the background and then when I would say something it would echo back to me! Very, very annoying! I was able to fix the problem by: 1.) Turning off the call privacy setting. 2.)Rebooting the phone and taking the battery out. 3.) Dialing *228 to re-activate.
Seems like doing all the above steps fixed the problem for now! Sure hope it doesn't come back!