EasyRoot?

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
Droid 1 methods will not work on a x. Only ones that work are for a droid 2.

emmittobie

Reaction score

Not sure if this reply is for me. Haha. The post I made previous is a one-click root for the Droid X and not for the Droid. If the reply was not for me then I apologize in advance.

Pir8Bob

Reaction score

Not sure if this reply is for me. Haha. The post I made previous is a one-click root for the Droid X and not for the Droid. If the reply was not for me then I apologize in advance.

I think the reply was meant for me. I was unsure about this before; however, studying these methods for each phone, I found that they use the same files exactly (su, busybox, Superuser.apk, and rage...) to accomplish the actual rooting, and the files go to the same locations on each phone:

DROID2 Rooting Method Works for DROIDX Running Froyo - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
How to root the Droid 2 - xda-developers
How to: Root Motorola DROID Running Android 2.2 FRG22D - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The Droid X/2 method here was brought over to the Droid 1 after the FRG22D update. I don't know about previous versions or methods, but these methods are the same. There are just two minor differences. The Droid 1 doesn't have a cp binary, so you have to push su, busybox, and Superuser.apk directly to /system/bin or system/app (which also works on a Droid X/2). And the Droid 1 has a file that has to be renamed to avoid breaking custom recoveries like ClockworkMod.

Tthe Droid 1 method I've shared previously should actually work for all 3 models of phones--you'd just need to skip the mv command, which if the file doesn't exist, would do nothing (letting the script work). The mount commands even work because of the way remounting works. However, that script only runs on *nix, which droidborg doesn't have. But there are batch files made for Windows especially for Droid X/2.

Given the similarities I've found, it would be great to have just one set of scripts for all three phones, and it's doable.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Why don't you take a look at this thread here.

One Click Droid X Froyo

I was able to root this way after the OTA 2.2 update and it's the closest you can get to a one-click root at the moment. It worked for me and I have had no issues. All my apps that require root work along with ROM Manager and Clockworkmod. I take no credit for it at all. I just happened to stumble upon it while I was also waiting for a one-click solution.

Would be happy to answer any other questions. Hope this helps.

This works!! just follow directions.

Droid X ota2.2dancedroid

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Well i have a rooted droid x. i used the droid 2 method running th ota update with no issues. I did it manually thru adb and it took a total of 5 min.

What he said... I have never used adb before but used the Droid 2 method flawlessly. I had previously installed the leaked version rooted but flashed the .sbf to go back to stock 2.1, ran the OTA update, then rooted using this method before doing anything else. It was quick and painless.