Early Favorites for phones.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
We shall see come September... I would think a decision has been made already so bring on more rumors.. I'd rather wait till it's perfected than just to be the first one

Sent using Tapatalk
Well that is one thing I will give Apple: if it doesn't work well, it doesn't get released.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well that is one thing I will give Apple: if it doesn't work well, it doesn't get released.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I've been hearing more and more about 3D facial recognition... from my experience so far with this S8 + you still need alternate methods

Sent using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have the note 5 and I love the way the fingerprint scan works on it. never had a problem unless you count the battle I lost with superglue on my fingers. IMO, the back scanner is inconvenient and I feel like the under the screen scan may not get the kinks out. they would have to come up with a way to control screen light and the sun/room light for it to be used properly. everyone who uses it will have different light adjustment.

because of this, I have actually been looking at other phones. maybe add the v30 to my list of possible phones. there are just so many phones out there that are pretty good and it will be hard to choose when I am ready to get another at the end of the year.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Today I've had a frustrating day with the S8+,... Fingerprint was not taking often missing more than hitting... Face is great but give it some shadows or sunlight ughh..

Sent using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Today I've had a frustrating day with the S8+,... Fingerprint was not taking often missing more than hitting... Face is great but give it some shadows or sunlight ughh..

Sent using Tapatalk

That sounds horrible...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just wanted to come back to say this S8+ has performed excellent over the last month... Really impressed with it and I highly recommend.. I'm sure the Note 8 won't disappoint...

I'm very excited with upcoming Pixel XL and LG V30 now rumored to be 6' OLED with thin bezels as well..

Sent using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
At this point I'm holding out until the new Pixel's become a reality.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The headphone jackless Pixel 2? Are you cool with that?
Me? I can count on two hands the number of times I use my headphone jack. I'm thinking Ill be fine with a USB-C adapter.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The headphone jackless Pixel 2? Are you cool with that?
Me? I can count on two hands the number of times I use my headphone jack. I'm thinking Ill be fine with a USB-C adapter.
I'm ok with it if it's so we get waterproof, other than that I'm not seeing the point. With that said the pixel XL 2 is still at my one spot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea I can live without a 3.5 mm port. But I'll admit it would be nice to have wireless charging added so that you have the option to charge AND use a USB-C adapter.

Sadly I think the phone that best matches my needs for work (S8 Active), isn't going to be available on VZW.

Editted to add:

I guess there are other options for the USB-C adapters.
https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Co...01866971&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+c+3.5+mm+adapter

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm loving the look of that iPhone. I know i know y'all don't like Apple talk here, but have to give credit where it's due.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk