Early Favorites for phones.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Essentials-Phone-Top.jpg

This was encouraged by a tweet made by @Preach2k here (Preach2k on Twitter) but what are your current order of devices so far (this order needs to be personal meaning it is what you will purchase)?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My order:

1) Essential Phone (or Ph-1): This is a spot for Essential to lose. Right now they have my attention and the attention of enthusiasts. They have to fulfill because there are a few more competitors nipping at the heel that serves the same customer base (ie Google and One Plus). So Andy all you have to do is update the phone and you should hold off Google.

2) Google Pixel 2: I was not sold on the Pixel though I'll admit it was one of Google's best phones. The lack of a few key features made it feel rushed and then when priced with the competition, which offered those features, I just could not pull the trigger despite my finger being on it on several occasions. Google had my heart but right now Essential is pulling it away from them. All it would take is for either Essential to not update their phones and/or Google to leak a photo that shows the Pixel 2 having the slim bezels (at least similar to LG) for me to hold up long enough to hear what Google has to offer. Google could easily take back that 1 spot but they need to stop being conservative and be willing to have that killer instinct. The "go big or go home" mindset.

3) Note 8: I am not a fan of Samsung's software and after the Note 5 swore them off. Though I am likely not leaning toward them I have to give them their due respect. So they have my eyes at the 3.

4) iPhone 8: Yeah, yeah, I know.... but hear me out before you charge with the pitchforks. Apple continues to Push android and android continues to push Apple. Because of this I want them to succeed. If you can't stand the heat (talking to Android manufacturers)..... So Apple we need you to bring it.

5) S8/8+: Good job Samsung setting the trend this year. Though they may not count it a full comeback until a successful Note 8 release, this truly was a big comeback for them and a much needed one to rinse the palatte of the Note 7. Now they have other companies looking up at them and that is the position Samsung is wanting to be at.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Mine is as Follow:
1. Note 8 I love using this phone for work and business.

2. Google Pixel XL 2: This phone is great for pictures . Pixel is a great phone. I still have no lag., But it freezes every once and awhile.

3. Essential Phone. I have to read up more on this one and get some hands on.

Not a big iPhone fan so this is my short list.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What would shock the entire forum is on opening day/week of the Note 8, after all the threads, articles and talk @Preach2k did about the Note 8, we find out he went into the store for an 8 and walked out with a different 8 (iPhone 8+).

tumblr_omuyey1Ra11tlgqkgo1_500.gif

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't plan on buying a new phone in 2017, but if I do this would be my short list.

1.) Moto Z Force 2 (or whatever it will be called). It's hard to give up shatter shield once you have grown used to it; and I already have several Mods.

2.) Pixel 2. I almost bought the Pixel and look forward to seeing the second gen.

3.) The Moto X 2017 (or whatever it will be called). It's hard to pass up a Moto X, they have all been awesome.

4.) The new Essential phone. It grabbed my attention.

I have nothing whatsoever against Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. They all make quality devices that work very well for a lot of people. But after using stock Android since 2013, I just can't get used to other manufacturers versions of Android. I like phones that are stock Android, or darn close to it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
What would shock the entire forum is on opening day/week of the Note 8, after all the threads, articles and talk @Preach2k did about the Note 8, we find out he went into the store for an 8 and walked out with a different 8 (iPhone 8+).

tumblr_omuyey1Ra11tlgqkgo1_500.gif
You Got Jokes!!!! NEVER!!!!!! It is bad enough my youngest daughter wants to go over to the Dark-side!!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm going with two phones the rest of the way ...one on each platform ..

#1 iPhone 8 - iOS ...ApplePay ...iMessage ...quick updates ...fast UI ..fingerprint embedded front ..quality will keep me with iPhone from here on out and I don't see leaving it ...

#2 it will be between Pixel 2 or Note 8 I believe but we shall see ... I'm leaning more towards pure Android though ...I'm really excited to see what Google improves on ...

I signed up for Essential but we shall see I think I pass on first one ...

7+

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My short list is very short.

1) LG G6. Finally saw one of these at Verizon. I don't think anyone gives the design of this phone enough credit. It's skinnier then my Turbo 2 but has the same size screen. It really feels amazing in the hand and after experiencing LGs flavor of Android, I feel it trounces everyone. It doesn't hit you over the head with thier changes like Sammy does. You can set different wallpaper in each screen and it doesn't slow the phone down at all. It's solid.
It's like a mix of Nova and Android...without needing Nova.

2) Moto Z Force 2. As Sajo said, having a shatterproof screen is truly freeing. Someone asked me last week what my next phone would be. I said LG or Moto. Asked why I like Moto, I turned my phone face down and dropped it from shoulder height. "That's why", I said smugly. Not to mention the Driving app is best in class. I can't believe no one has copied it yet. And chop to flash? Not sure I can live without that.

I've never liked Samsung. Not sure why. I hate front runners? LOL I didn't like the cheap feeling S5 even though it was a giant hit for them. They do have a really neat feature I like. If you're texting someone and decide to call them...put the phone to your ear and it intiates a call.

Pixel? Meh. I'm not buying anything again with no SD.

/Edit/ As for iPhone? Never as long as I cannot simply arrange my icons how I want. It's really that simple. It could brew coffee out of the USB port and I'd still pass.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah these pictures are horrible!
eb210c9c5c1c683e659c1d8ac9a127b5.jpg
7e27b5fe4a54bec0fb5f00de9d2321ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They will just sell an accessory to fix it.

So that is how you sell a flagship for sub $700.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Definitely a bummer with those pics ...let’s see when we get some others with the phone ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I just read something about the Note 8, two camera and the new features of the S-pen. Although I did not use the Note series before, I think I'll love it.
Also the hidden finger print, I don't know what does it mean, but it sounds interesting.
641.jpg