e-mail isn't syncing

Sir Dan

Reaction score
Haven't had my X but for about three weeks. E-mail was syncing fine, but now when I go into "messaging," new emails are not showing and I don't have access to folders. If I go to the website for the email, everything there seems fine. Can anyone help? I've checked every setting I can find.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Is it a yahoo account it corporate thing. I had the same problem with yahoo until I d/l a standalone app.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

Sir Dan

Reaction score
Syncing, continued

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of account it is. I have a Yahoo acct, a Live acct and gmail. None of them are showing unread emails, etc. ?!

OP
S

Sir Dan

Reaction score
Whatever came with the Droid X off the shelf. I just use the "messaging" widget. Is that my problem? If so, which app should I be using?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whatever came with the Droid X off the shelf. I just use the "messaging" widget. Is that my problem? If so, which app should I be using?

Wrote this for a "Battery Life" thread, but it applies to your situation too (I think) :

Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.

OP
S

Sir Dan

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll give it try and let you know. I can't right away - will have to wait for a little later. Appreciate your help.

lterry913

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but it is coming in handy since GB up because my yahoo mail won't sync. My only question is the is the option checked in the menu to receive NEW mail for next 30 days...Do I have to go back in and recheck this every 30 days or will this continue to sync after 30 days. I tried k9 with my yah00 address and it is not syncing so this appears to be my best option.