DX Slowing Down... How do I clean it out?

Nology

Reaction score
My DX has been getting progressively slower since I got it. Is there anything I can do to clean it up a bit? I don't have many apps but I'm sure theres some useless files somewhere that are slowing it down.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My DX has been getting progressively slower since I got it. Is there anything I can do to clean it up a bit? I don't have many apps but I'm sure theres some useless files somewhere that are slowing it down.

First if you are using a task killer or virus protection, get rid of them. Then head on over to the Market and get yourself a cache cleaner and clean your apps cache.

If you don't see an improvement then more then likely you do have an app that's hogging resources. About the only thing you can do at that point is a factory data reset. You won't lose your paid apps, you will lose your data and unpaid apps. After it's done you'll need to sign into Google, and what ever else you need to sign into. Then slowly start adding the apps back in. Hopefully you can find the app that is giving you problems.

OP
Nology

Nology

Reaction score
Cache cleaner sounds like what I need. Did my reading and never used a task killer.

portermac

Reaction score
If you are rooted get the app called cache cleaner. If you are not rooted there is an app call Quick systems info pro. Once you get it go to your widgets and you will see quick cache cleaner. get that and it will clear all your cache with one click.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
do you have a social network app linked with your phone with a few thousands friends?

ricks

Reaction score
Is their any other way to clean cache other than rooting or the Quick systems way?

portermac

Reaction score
Yes you can go to settings, applications, manage applications and go to each app and you can clear cache there.