Dump Bionic for Razr?

Reaction score
Finally verizon is switching my bionic afrer 3 of them to a razor with free over night shipping. I can't wait

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

steelman52

Reaction score
I had the Bionic, had it replaced after 13 days, and the replacement worked fine except for the constant data dropping. Installed the leaked update and data dropping was minimal. Picked up the Razr on release day and love it! I like it more than any phone I've had yet. Battery life is better than Bionic, but not as good as the X or X2, but I'm getting a full day with moderate use.

DroidX, DroidX2, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr

Reaction score
Well Verizon tried to cancel my razor replacement but to late for them. Beware though the don't send micro similar cards they send the bigger sim cards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jays91ls

Reaction score
I just got the offer from VZW last week swap my Bionic for a RAZR and I was reluctant at first. (I wanted to wait to get a Nexus at the time) After getting this Razr I can honestly tell you that I am no longer considering the Nexus. This Razr is so dam sexy and responsive. I really love it. Plus in another 2 months we'll all have ICS on our phones. Motorola phones in my opinion are excellent (not counting the software issues that plague the Bionic) Once you actually use the Razr you will see what i'm talking about.

i loved my bionic at first but too many issues for me , was offered the razor plus $50 credit on my bill and they payed for my data for 2 months i thought it was a fair deal, love this phone and don't see myself making a jump to another device anytime soon

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Well Verizon tried to cancel my razor replacement but to late for them. Beware though the don't send micro similar cards they send the bigger sim cards.

Why and How did they try to cancel your order? How did you find out about it?

Tsquare

Reaction score
Do it. I used the Bionic (with extended battery) for the past few months. Won a Free RAZR from local radio station and couldnt be happier. Only used for 3 days so far, battery is getting stronger day by day. I love the razr!

Reaction score
Why and How did they try to cancel your order? How did you find out about it?

It need a supervisor approval and the manger just placed the order with out asking then sent it for approval by the time they tried to cancel it was to late. I had my new razor but I had to go to my local vzw location to get a micro sim card .

B

bens42608

Well I plan on getting the extended battery tomorrow(hope it's still half off) and this will be the deciding factor to me whether I made the right decision. If the battery is as good as the reviews I've read and I can use 4g all day w/o going dead then as far as im concerned Bionic blows razr out the water. It wouldn't even be a fair comparison after that. But I wont know till I give it a try...

Markee

Reaction score
Swapped my Bionic for a Razr Today at Costco. Had the Bionic for almost 30 days. I liked the display brightness of the bionic, but the Razr has more color... Not sure about the sunlight yet. Waiting for a sunny day. Seems a lot snapper for the slight processor speed improvement. A very thin phone. Working well so far.. I think I am happy with the trade up.. Ask me in 30 days again... I studied the pants of the trade, but the kicker was that I forgot to send in my costco form for the free accessories (docking station, car docking station, extra battery, extra battery charger and auto charger...)... (pas the 30 day deadline)... So with the razr I get a HD docking station, HDMI cable and a portable battery charger (all motorola OEM items)... Let you know how these work out.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I would get the Razr too cause they offered that to me too, but every phone has problems and as soon as I switch, the bionic OTA will be released and i'll be kicking myself in the groin over it.

Reaction score
Hands down the Razr takes the cake. Much better device all around yea data drops but it picks it back up on its own after a few seconds. Unlike the bionic have to toggle the sh** out of it to get to pick data up or pick it up and not work at all. I love my razor and ill never look back. The razor is much faster then the bionic I did a speed test with both. Smart action dose help with battery life. So that my opinion to help you make ur choice.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Smart Action better double the size of the NON removable battery for it to be worth the switch. I don't want to use a feature that increases the stock battery by an hour, I want to be able to replace, swap batteries. That's why I think Bionic takes the cake. Just my opinion of course. They are basically the same exact phone but one is smaller, and one has a removable battery.

Markee

Reaction score
OK I Swapped Bionic for Razr... As stated above... Someone asked me why...
Here is my short list..
BIONIC DID NOT LIKE THINGS
1) The Bionic is a bit heavy... (Especially if you add an extended battery) I like the weight of the Razr better. I use Kindle to read books every night and I read them on my phone. Did on the original Droid, then the Bionic, but it was a bit heavy, looking forward to the weight of the Razr...
2) Didn't like the fact that when I moved applications to the SD card, they were gone from the device... Had to try to move back and then reinstall. Have not tried to the Razr, will see if it has the same problem.
3) I believe the display on the Bionic has a lot more brightness, the Razr has more contract and color, but it remains to be seen if it will stand up to a sunny day... I think not. I almost think I like the Bionic display better, but I think it runs down the battery better.
4) Some of my contacts disappeared, multiple times. The contact list on the front would show up 4 empty boxes on several times.. I had to go in and re-add the favorites..
5) The battery did seem to drain quickly.. Hoping the Razr is better... Two batteries not really an issue for me... Always near a charger.
RAZR THING I LIKED
  1. Liked the faster processor.. Clock speed improved and I notice the difference.
  2. Like the light weight
  3. Like the colorful display
  4. Like the smart Actions software.. Will help save battery. Prevent phone from ringing at night
  5. Like the Kevlar – you never know when you need to stop a bullet through your shirt pocket.
  6. Just got the impression that Motorola is targeting improvements to this phone and not the Bionic.

That is my list for now... More to follow I am sure.