Dump Bionic for Razr?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No offense but let me get this straight- r u saying u don't believe the razr has been overclocked?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The main processor (TI OMAP 4430 dual-core), is definitely NOT overclocked. The chip specs at Texas Instruments' website show it is rated for from 1.0 - 1.2 GHz. The RAZR is spec'd at 1.2GHz. The video chip, on the other hand is by some reports "slightly" overclocked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

B

bens42608

The main processor (TI OMAP 4430 dual-core), is definitely NOT overclocked. The chip specs at Texas Instruments' website show it is rated for from 1.0 - 1.2 GHz. The RAZR is spec'd at 1.2GHz. The video chip, on the other hand is by some reports "slightly" overclocked.

OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz OMAP4460 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
^^copied straight from Texas Instruments website . RAZR is most definitely overclocked :) . It's a negligible amount though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz OMAP4460 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
^^copied straight from Texas Instruments website . RAZR is most definitely overclocked :) . It's a negligible amount though.

4430 n 4460.. same exact chipset. Just some cores are deemed better than others in the production process and MAY be able to handle higher frequencies at the same voltages as it takes some to achieve lower clockspeedz...but in all reality. Both the same. My bionics seen 1.7 with a very bootleg overclock method.. and outscored my friends 1.5 sgII on cm7 in cfbench (one of the FEW worthwhile dual Core compatible benchmarks ) ..cant say anything for voltages and longevity of the 4430 @ these speeds... but.. sgIIs rip on cm7 while overclocked. So this is amazing news for all ti 0map devices. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B

bens42608

4430 n 4460.. same exact chipset. Just some cores are deemed better than others in the production process and MAY be able to handle higher frequencies at the same voltages as it takes some to achieve lower clockspeedz...but in all reality. Both the same. My bionics seen 1.7 with a very bootleg overclock method.. and outscored my friends 1.5 sgII on cm7 in cfbench (one of the FEW worthwhile dual Core compatible benchmarks ) ..cant say anything for voltages and longevity of the 4430 @ these speeds... but.. sgIIs rip on cm7 while overclocked. So this is amazing news for all ti 0map devices. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

+1

Ansa82

Reaction score
Over clocked??

Plus the average user like myself has NO idea what the heck "over clocked" is!! If the phone works like its suposed to (it DOES) then I'm happy!!! Makes me wonder if maybe some users just know and care too much about detailed stuff that makes no difference!

Reaction score
Over clocking means to make the processer go fast then it should

Zandar

Reaction score
Over clocking means to make the processer go fast then it should

Actually, in common parlance it means to make the processor go faster than it's max, stock speed. Still, we're all just geeks arguing minutiae.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I loved my Bionic, but the wife's iPhone died so I gave her my Bionic and picked up the Razr. I have to say, other than the thinnest, there's not much difference between the two. I love them both.

zadam123

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you, wasnt sure if i should switch over but im so glad i did , granted its only been a day now but the screen and colors are SO MUCH BETTER than the bionic and so far no data issues

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Hahaha... I'm exactly the opposite. I'm glad I didn't give up this beast for the Razr.

Sent from a Phone