for all you Razr users

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
In all honesty...they are so similar if you aren't having any problems, why get rid of your bionic?

It its the docks or form factor, I can see. I'm sure the bionic will run ics fine. They really are so similar they both should run ics the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

wooooowwe

Reaction score
Where is 9 dollar HD station

Zandar

Reaction score
The RAZR is worth it if for nothing other than the improved screen (sAMOLED > LCD). If it's a no cost exchange, it's a no brainer.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I had the Bionic (1 week) and traded for the Razr. I didn't have great battery life with the Bionic, about the same with the Razr (w/4G use). Pretty much I only use 4G for large files, like Podcast downloads, Netflix, Youtube, NFL video, ect. But for my normal daily use (90% of time), like Facebook, Twitter, Droid Forums, Web Browsing, Pandora, GPS, I use 3G, which is more than enough speed. And for home use I use WIFI which does well, like I've always used with all my Droids.

I'm getting about as much battery as my Droid X, if not more, with my Razr.

That, plus the slightly fast processor, awesome design (thinness/weight), super AMOLED screen, quicker ICS update, upgrading to a Razr is a no-brainer.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I have the bionic and i'm wondering what makes you say the Razr will run ICS better. I don't know a ton about the differences, but everything I've read tells me they are almost exactly the same internally except the Razr is slightly overclocked. Will that make that big of a difference?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jashea

Reaction score
I have had my RAZR for a couple of weeks now and I LOVVE IT!! I had a chocolate touch prior to this so this was like going from a Ford Fiesta to a Ferrarri. I like everyone else was worried about the battery issues. Mine has been really good. I probably don't use my phone as most people but I get most things done with 3G. Staying on 3G all day with light usage then WiFi at home I can get a good 24 hours from the battery before it is dead. If you come in with low expectations about the battery you may just be surprised as I was. I was pretty spoiled with that antique chocolate touch....I could go 3-4 days between charging however I never used the internet so it all makes sense I suppose.:blink:

todroid

Reaction score
if i get this phone i would most likely get some kind of extra battery charger, how much is that P893 Motorola power pack anyway? it doesn't say on the site.
on a side note the ICS update....i know this is a stupid question because no one really knows when its coming. but I'm hear about bionic getting maybe two more updates before it gets ICS do we know anything about the Razr and if it will just go right to ICS (if so.. that most likely means it will come sooner, right?)

P893 is $40 at Verizon.

todroid

Reaction score
Duuuude !!! Thanks. Did not realize this existed.

No problem. Actually, mine just got dropped off by FedEx. Insanely light and small. For some reason, I expected it to the the size of Razr. It's not. It's about the same thickness as the camera bulge, but much smaller footprint than the Razr. An awesome accessory and a keeper.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
verizon is doing a promo for the Razr and making its HD docking station $9 and change.. I understand the bionic and the razr are basically the same. its just the accessories with the Razr are better like the hd station and lap docks. i went and tried the bionic with the lap dock 500 at verizon and everything worked but the camera on it... which is the whole point of getting the bigger one.
also i get the feeling the Razr will get the ICS update first because if you go to Motorolas website it says the razr will be getting ICS and has the little android ice cream sandwich picture.. but when i go to bionics page it has nothing about it.
so basically i have the choice to get the razr fee because i have people on my plan that will take my bionic and ill take the razr update. and the only reason i would be doing this is because the phone seems easier to deal with cus the bionic has problems left and right and needs like 50 updates and also everything with the razr is cheaper and better. also the phone is thin as hell and water proof so thats kind of cool.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
verizon is doing a promo for the Razr and making its HD docking station $9 and change.

Where do I see or view this promotion? I am on with Verizon's support and they have no knowledge of that promotion.:blink:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...also the phone is thin as hell and water proof so thats kind of cool.

Water resistant - not "proof".

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is water resistant.....I have demonstrated this almost 20 times now to others

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk