Dumb rooting ?

heath223

Reaction score
I am more familiar with Jailbreaking iphones but am rooting my new Razr Maxx. My ? is do I loose root or have to hook back up to my computer if I power off my Razr or the battery dies? (teathered?) or can I power it down/let the battery die with no issues.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If I am understanding your question, you are asking if you will lose root if you power off your phone? If so then no, to remove root you will have to flash your phone back to stock.

Also I would never let your battery die that is terrible for them, and this one is non-removable so care should be taken. As soon as you get the low battery notification at 15% I would get it on a charger.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am more familiar with Jailbreaking iphones but am rooting my new Razr Maxx. My ? is do I loose root or have to hook back up to my computer if I power off my Razr or the battery dies? (teathered?) or can I power it down/let the battery die with no issues.
+1 on what Sydman has said. But to emphasize...do not let your battery get below 15%. If you get into a critically low battery situation you could be in a position that will require a "factory cable" to recover...and I don't mean the usb cable that came with your phone. Once in a critically low battery situation the phone will not charge or boot in most cases. When you get to 15% you need to get it on a charger or you maybe in deep poo poo.

OP
heath223

heath223

Reaction score
Thanks. One more? If you dont want it to get below 15% how do you run it dead and fully charge once every 3 months to condition the battery?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks. One more? If you dont want it to get below 15% how do you run it dead and fully charge once every 3 months to condition the battery?

You are not supposed to run it dead to condition the battery you are supposed to let it get to the low battery mark of 15%.

The power off and charge it to 100% them use as normal.

Sent from my Maxx via Tapatalk 2