JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

I moved your thread to the Razr hacks section in hopes it would get a little more traffic here. Plus, this is where the Razr pros hang out :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
N1NJA said:
So like the title says I'm new to droids but have a OK understanding of rooting/jailbreaking. played with iPhones for a bit got board had an HTC inspir that was no fun then to a DROID RAZR Max. LOVE IT!!! anyway I just need a lil direction for one click root method I'm running 2.3.6 saw this video YouTube - How to Root Droid 4 D4, Bionic, Razr or Razr Maxx on ICS Leak via Razsedge One Click Root method witch led me here lol an sorry for my spelling

Thank u
N1NJA

Welcome to DroidForums N1NJA! No need to apologize for your spelling... it is fine. I am not familiar with that root method but you may want to look at mattlgroffs root utilities. You are still on the gingerbread (GB) os, so you will need to make sure you use a utility that is compatible with GB. If you try to use a root method that is meant for ICS while still on GB (or vice versa) then you can ruin your phone.

Is there any reason you have not upgraded to the ICS os yet? If you plan to stay on GB or are going to update to ICS, let us know. We can help you make sure you use the right utility for your os.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to DF! :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums N1NJA! No need to apologize for your spelling... it is fine. I am not familiar that root method but you may want to look at mattlgroffs root utilities. You are still on the gingerbread (GB) os, so you will need to make sure you use a utility that is compatible with GB. If you try to use a root method that is meant for ICS while still on GB (or vice versa) then you can ruin your phone.

Is there any reason you have not upgraded to the ICS os yet? If you plan to stay on GB or are going to update to ICS, let us know. We can help you make sure you use the right utility for your os.

Droid Razr Utility 1.6 will root a Gingerbread phone :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks Guys!!

(These are some of the RAZR Pros I was talking about N1NJA)

OP
N1NJA

N1NJA

Reaction score
Ha ha thank u guys its nice to find some people that know about this stuff but the reason I haven't updated is because I'm in Afghanistan right now an the best thing I get for internet is 128-500 kbs lol but would it be better if I went to ics or should I stay gb??? An if possible could I get links for the best ics an gb an a unroot tool just in case I ever need to take a step back lol

Thank u
N1NJA

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
N1NJA, once you go to ICS there is no way of going back to GB. Typically I might recommend updating to ICS but I'm not so sure about that in Afghanistan. ICS would allow you to use a foreign sim card but in Afghanistan they barely have electricity, I can't imagine what kind of data abilities you would not get.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ha ha thank u guys its nice to find some people that know about this stuff but the reason I haven't updated is because I'm in Afghanistan right now an the best thing I get for internet is 128-500 kbs lol but would it be better if I went to ics or should I stay gb??? An if possible could I get links for the best ics an gb an a unroot tool just in case I ever need to take a step back lol

Thank u
N1NJA

Thank you for your service

OP
N1NJA

N1NJA

Reaction score
Well lol we have electricity out here an its not bad lol but come to find out my phone just asked me to update again an its already downloaded on here and it said it would only take 15 mins so I think I'm going to do it an with that if someone could hit me with a link for a one click ics root also I found something called super user is that like cydia for the Iphone ?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I would recommend installing the ICS upgrade .215 leak, which works much better than the .211 which is currently installing on your phone. Read everything before proceeding but these are the steps, I would follow:

1. Install .215
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

2. Root your phone by carefully following the steps here, post #89:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html

3. Do a factory data reset (2 is even better). As a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr see (being rooted, I would use Titanium Backup as your backup app) :

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

4. Recalibrate your battery meter so it reads the correct percent of charge. With phone off, charge to 100%. Use the phone without charging until it gets to the low battery warning (10% on ICS). Turn phone off again and charge to 100%. Use and charge your phone as you normally would.

OP
N1NJA

N1NJA

Reaction score
ok sorry i havent wrote back in a good min lol my bad but im back now lol so on the 1st page i think it was u or someone else said i can just pop in a sim card from over here i know the have data plans that run on EDG for like 35$ a month unlimited data so dose that mean i dont have to unlock to use their sim card an their for i wont have to root to unlock right???? i dont have a computer out here that i can download to so it would be hard for me to root right now

also just got off the phone with verizon an they said that theirs no way to unlock my phone through them. is this just a line of bs so they can get me to use their global plan an charge me out the ass ?? im kinda lost right now lol

but in the end right now can i just throw a afgan sim in my phone an call it good with out unlocking ?

thanks again
N1NJA

OP
N1NJA

N1NJA

Reaction score
omg thank u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much this will make talking to my wife an son much easier this means a lot to me im glad to have found this place