Battery died~using usb to puter~should phone turn on???

hogowner

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question. My battery died, so it is now hooked up to my desktop to charge.....and it is not powering on? does the battery have to be charged up for a while before it will power on? Or should it power on using the computer power and still charge?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question. My battery died, so it is now hooked up to my desktop to charge.....and it is not powering on? does the battery have to be charged up for a while before it will power on? Or should it power on using the computer power and still charge?

The device will shut off when it gets to 5% power. Once you plug it into the computer it should come back on, however I've never experienced that so give it a few minutes before hitting the panic button and lets see what happens.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Hog, i have experienced the same thing. MY phone died and wouldnt restart until i charged it for 5 min or so.
fyi, the charging via pc takes about 2x as long as via wall.

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
Hog, i have experienced the same thing. MY phone died and wouldnt restart until i charged it for 5 min or so.
fyi, the charging via pc takes about 2x as long as via wall.

whew!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the fast responses! I wasn't sure if the phone will power on as soon as I hooked it up to the puter......
I will wait a few...then turn the "sucker" on LOL

I only had it about a week and this is the first time I let the battery run down.....I guess you DO have to charge it every day!!!

I love this phone...the best move I made!!

Thanks again!
Hog

EDIT:: after about 15 minutes connected to the puter...it powered back on!
Thanks again guys!

Last edited: