1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery died~using usb to puter~should phone turn on???

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hogowner, Mar 23, 2010.

1. hogowner

hogowner New Member

Maybe a stupid question. My battery died, so it is now hooked up to my desktop to charge.....and it is not powering on? does the battery have to be charged up for a while before it will power on? Or should it power on using the computer power and still charge?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

The device will shut off when it gets to 5% power. Once you plug it into the computer it should come back on, however I've never experienced that so give it a few minutes before hitting the panic button and lets see what happens.
  3. Cyrus6001

Cyrus6001 New Member

Hog, i have experienced the same thing. MY phone died and wouldnt restart until i charged it for 5 min or so.
    fyi, the charging via pc takes about 2x as long as via wall.
  4. hogowner

hogowner New Member

whew!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the fast responses! I wasn't sure if the phone will power on as soon as I hooked it up to the puter......
    I will wait a few...then turn the "sucker" on LOL

I only had it about a week and this is the first time I let the battery run down.....I guess you DO have to charge it every day!!!

I love this phone...the best move I made!!

Thanks again!
    Hog

EDIT:: after about 15 minutes connected to the puter...it powered back on!
    Thanks again guys!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010