Plzzz help!!!!!! Droid razr stuck in fastboot mode and want charge!

razrdude56

Reaction score
Hello, i recently tried to fastboot my droid razr back to stock gingerbread but thwen i did the fastboot failed and i just put my phone back into regular bootloader and did a normal power up and it turned on but recently my razr died and it will not charge when i plug my phone into the computer to do a fastboot it just displays a white notification light and when i plug my phone into the wall charger it goes into the fastboot bootloader like need it to but it want go to the fastboot bootloader when i plug it into a coputer ive tried mant diffrent computers and suggestions????????????

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello, i recently tried to fastboot my droid razr back to stock gingerbread but thwen i did the fastboot failed and i just put my phone back into regular bootloader and did a normal power up and it turned on but recently my razr died and it will not charge when i plug my phone into the computer to do a fastboot it just displays a white notification light and when i plug my phone into the wall charger it goes into the fastboot bootloader like need it to but it want go to the fastboot bootloader when i plug it into a coputer ive tried mant diffrent computers and suggestions????????????

Plug into the Wall charger, then power the phone down and leave it charging over night. You have to make sure the phone is powered down. If you can't power down the normal methods, try holding power and volume down for at least 10 seconds while it's plugged in.

The problem is you don't have enough power and that's the white light you are getting. You need at least 60%, many say 75% to be safe, before you can do any Fastboot functions. If it dies while Fastbooting, the result is a soft bricking of the phone.

jacrx17

Reaction score
Plug into the Wall charger, then power the phone down and leave it charging over night. You have to make sure the phone is powered down. If you can't power down the normal methods, try holding power and volume down for at least 10 seconds while it's plugged in.

The problem is you don't have enough power and that's the white light you are getting. You need at least 60%, many say 75% to be safe, before you can do any Fastboot functions. If it dies while Fastbooting, the result is a soft bricking of the phone.

Thank You Very Much for this, i had the same problem and after holding the volume down and power for 10 secs while connected to wall charger the phone will turn off and when released it will show you the motorola red logo as if its turning on but then just display the battery charging animation

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank You Very Much for this, i had the same problem and after holding the volume down and power for 10 secs while connected to wall charger the phone will turn off and when released it will show you the motorola red logo as if its turning on but then just display the battery charging animation

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

rahulwadhwani

Reaction score
I am facing the same problem but my phone is not showing the motorola logo when I press the power and volume down button. On the screen it's written "press the power button to power down", will that work?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am facing the same problem but my phone is not showing the motorola logo when I press the power and volume down button. On the screen it's written "press the power button to power down", will that work?

Yes. But the reason you are not getting to the reboot is you aren't holding the two buttons long enough. It takes at least 8-10 seconds our more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

hitsugaya1987

Reaction score
help

i have the same thing going on but when i do it .it keeps going bk into flash boot mode and when i power it off it will not show the battery charging the screen is just black...any ideas

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold all three buttons at the same time power both volume rockers. All the same time and hold till flashes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
did and still gets put bk into flash boot

If you've just flashed a clean flash and are stuck. Make sure your sure you've completed your task. Then in ap fast boot hit power. Hold it. When it goes off hold all three. Then when you get the option for recovery scroll to it and reboot. Hope this works...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either way your battery is going to die if you don't get it. There is a way to get to charge only mode. You'll have to google or search the forums. I believe its in the forum somewhere. It will bring you to charge.

hitsugaya1987

Reaction score
ok so here is the full detailed issues at hand....when it was installing ics the phone died mid download and it wont go to charge i get the M and then right into flashboot with the following

ap fastboot flash mode (s) (boot failure)
0a.6c
to return to normal mode- first press power key to power down
device is locked. status code:0
battery low
cannot program
connect usb
data cable

invalid cg otv (cg:webtop):invalid sp data
invalid ch hab (cg:webtop,status: 0x0056)
invalid ch otv (ch:webtop)

and when ever i do hit power and vol up/down keys it just goes bk to the M and then that again

Jstevenmoore

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with this? I have followed these directions but get nothing but a brief flash and just a black screen. I held the buttons for 20 seconds. The Razr AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure). If I hit the power button again I get the same Invalid CG OTV etc. as hitsugaya1987

Last edited:

dedi2034

Reaction score
ok so here is the full detailed issues at hand....when it was installing ics the phone died mid download and it wont go to charge i get the M and then right into flashboot with the following

ap fastboot flash mode (s) (boot failure)
0a.6c
to return to normal mode- first press power key to power down
device is locked. status code:0
battery low
cannot program
connect usb
data cable

invalid cg otv (cg:webtop):invalid sp data
invalid ch hab (cg:webtop,status: 0x0056)
invalid ch otv (ch:webtop)

and when ever i do hit power and vol up/down keys it just goes bk to the M and then that again

Same here. I tried going from ics back to gingerbread, and it messed up. While in the process of trying to find the correct fast boot file to flash through rsd lite, my phone died. There is no other way to fix this other than ordering the factory cable which i don't have the time to wait for it to come from hong kong.. I am getting a replacement phone from verizon tomorrow. Hope they dont send mine back to me. I could have avoided all the headache by reading a little more than what i did when it comes to this ics stuff...and never, i repeat, never try doing any flashing with out a full Battery Charge...Thats why i am in this mess...