Druid 2 global unlock help

bubba313

Reaction score
Hello i have a D2G and I bought it on ebay locked. Now I have a phone that's locked to Verizon and I have T-Mobile (which will and can support my phone). Anyway I was wondering if any one has a way to unlock it or will help me unlock it. Thank You

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

WrightPC

Reaction score
You could use it for voice if you hack it to remove the GSM band lock but the hardware is not capable of using the frequency band for T Mobile data in the United States. If you are trying to use it on T Mobile outside the US then there are GSM unlocking services which might be able to help.

Genetics

Reaction score
Team black hat released the full update to allow usage on US networks for AT&T and Tmobile. The phone has to be sim unlocked and you can not update to the latest releases of froyo or the leaked gingerbread. Take a look at xda or RootzWiki for instructions.

WrightPC

Reaction score
I believe a little clarification is needed. There are two different definitions of "locked" with respect to this phone. SIM locked and GSM band locked

SIM locked prevents any SIM except for the Vodaphone SIM which came with the phone from operating on a GSM network. To determine if you are SIM locked insert a SIM other than the Vodaphone SIM which came with the phone and power on the phone. If a dialog appears asking for a "subsidy code" your phone is SIm locked. If you are a Verizon customer in good standing you cann call and they will give you a code to enter. There are some rather expensive services on the internet which claim to be able to provide a subsidy code but there are reports that the provided codes sometimes don't work.

GSM Band locked prevents the phone from operating on United States GSM networks. Team Black Hat has a service to remove the band lock on the Droid 2 Global. They have recently released an update.zip to remove the band lock. Both require you to SBF to the old Stock Froyo version 2.4.29 and not install any upgrades. On T Mobile in the United States data is limited to EDGE only:
From the Team Black Hat release:
This allows all bands for AT&T including HSPA+ but on T-Mobile it is limited to EDGE data because their deployment of their high speed data network is on a band not supported by the MDM6600 chipset.

Last edited:
OP
B

bubba313

Reaction score
Sorry this is what happens I put my mobile sim card in my phone then asks me for an unlock code

WrightPC

Reaction score
Your phone is SIM locked. If you are not a Verizon customer one if the SIM unlocking services may be able to help you unlock it. The phone is most likely GSM band locked as well. It will not work on GSM carriers such as T Mobile in the United States without removing the band lock.