Unlocking droid 2 global

Pravesh

Reaction score
So I have a droid 2 global which I bought unlocked on ebay. The phone started giving camera issues so I tried sending it for repair but they sent it back with the same problems.
Then I bought another d2g. But a locked one this time. The seller refused to help me unlock it and so I had to buy a code online. I was given two codes and neither worked. Is this hopeless now or is it still possible to get a working code?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
are you talking about a band unlock so that you could put an att or tmobile sim in it?

OP
P

Pravesh

Reaction score
Well I live in south america, so neither of those carriers apply. Im not sure what a band unlock is, but I think what I need is a sim unlock.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
A band unlock is the sim unlock, if you look up p3droid or cellzealot on twitter or go to their website mydroidworld.com i know that they should be able to help

OP
P

Pravesh

Reaction score
Going to check them out right away. Thanks a lot, I will post any progress

OP
P

Pravesh

Reaction score
I posted in their forums and pm'd him. No luck yet

thasan

Reaction score
Band Unlock vs Sim Unlock

What cellzealot is credited for is being able to use an already SIM unlocked D2G/Pro on a US GSM network like AT&T, T-Mo (almost same company now), Metro Cell. CellZealot is not focusing with SIM Unlock.

mhansaq

Reaction score
Motorola Droid 2 Global

I need to find a code to unlock my Motorola Droid 2 Global so I can use it in canada.
please someone help.
[email protected]
thanks

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A lot of people have had trouble unlocking the Droid 2 Global and the Droid Pro. It seems that Verizon made some changes to the codes (maybe through an update?) that rendered many of the codes that online vendors have useless.

Here's a discussion on XDA the pertains to issues with unlocking the Droid Pro - Unlock Motorola Droid Pro - xda-developers. It's my understanding that the same issues have applied to the Droid 2 Global. There's quite a bit of discussion about various online vendors through which to purchase unlock codes. It seems that some have codes that work and others don't. The only full proof way to unlock it is to get the code straight from Verizon, which means you have to be a Verizon customer.

OP
P

Pravesh

Reaction score
Hi all,
I called verizon and explained my troubles. They said I would need to take the phone in to a verizon store and they would unlock it for me. So thats going to be when i go to the usa in august