Help Unlocking Droid 2 Global

walderrama

Reaction score
I've just received the phone, I'm outside the US (I'm in Chile), bought the unlock codes from endlessconnections on ebay, but none of both worked.

Then I called to Verizon Global Support, asking them for the "third" code, but, as I don't have a Verizon phone number, they didn't gave me anything...

Would be possible that someone here, a Verizon costumer obviously, could call with my Imei and then forward me the third code?

I know that this may sound nuts, but.. I know you understand me in the desire to make the phone work.

Regards

0rafael

Reaction score
OMG! I'm in the same situation, but I am in Brazil, I have been calling to Verizon and I didn't have an account with them... Please Help Us!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

WrightPC

Reaction score
I think it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get Verizon to give you the SIM lock code. I don't believe Global Services can even lookup the lock code without a Verizon phone number. There are some sellers which specifically sell D2Gs for overseas activation.

OP
W

walderrama

Reaction score
hey WrightPC come on man, you say that no one here would be able to help?

-. only a couple minutes of your time
-. there are no costs related
-. you can say that this is your girlfriend phone or something like that

-. and you will make a friend overseas!

XD

ps: I think that you really know how badly I want to enjoy the phone

bgrade

Reaction score
It sounds like your phones have not been activated inside the US. It MUST be activated in the US before you can use a SIM unlock.

OP
W

walderrama

Reaction score
AFAIK when using the phone outside US there's no need to activate it.

I come to that conclusion after calling Verizon global support, the guy told me that if some VZ user gave my IMEI he would give back the unlock code, that it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.

Reaction score
According to Verizon, you must be a customer with an account in good standing for at least XX days (I think 60?) before they will give you your unlock code. Also, you can't just give me your IMEI and have me activate it. That IMEI would have to be activated on MY account.

OP
W

walderrama

Reaction score
Well the guy that attended me... after I told him that the phone was bought on ebay and then shipped to Chile... told me that would be enough with someone requesting the codes on my behalf.

haro

Reaction score
Well the guy that attended me... after I told him that the phone was bought on ebay and then shipped to Chile... told me that would be enough with someone requesting the codes on my behalf.

i had d same problem but the seller is so un-helpful with the unlocking
i waited for a few days to hear reply her n she promised to call verizon and try to get it activated on her account and get the unlock code.

idea of asking some verizon account holder to help is brilliant but when i post somethin similar like this on ANAND tech forum, they banned me.
thinking i was phone scammer

verizon global support said we can ask somebody whom is a verizon customer to activate it by adding the phone to their account or data.
then get the MEID / IMEI to get the unlock.

haro

Reaction score
i tried to post n asking help at XDA forum, one guy was rude and blaming me for not doin enuff research on the locked D2G

thankz a lotttt

zero7404

Reaction score
haha...

read this from XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Droid2Global SIM Unlock codes not working.

I think you should go deeper in things before state that something is impossible

what i get from this is that either:

verizon does not know what they are doing
verizon knows exactly what they are doing

if all the phones are created equal, then the representative that processed my return for a new device would (or should i say must) have known ?

what i do not understand is why this has to happen in the first place. its understandable if the company does not want non-verizon users to buy this phone and unlock it, but this is affecting those that are verizon customers as well.

so what happens to those that buy the phone and dont get it unlocked right away but end up with the problem after taking a trip a few months later? are they stranded without phone service until this gets resolved? if the device cannot be activated at all then what? they must go pay for another phone while out of the country ....

posted via android

OP
W

walderrama

Reaction score
What I get from this and my previous experience unlocking devices...

1.- There is no reason for blame the phones.. basically every SIM phone is unlockable
2.- The only ones that "win" with this practice are the mobile companies, keeping clients trapped.. or they think so

... and again, the VZ representative clearly told me that the only thing that he needed to give me the unlock code, was a VZ phone number (obviously with clean payment history)...

so again.. I'm where I started

leobg

Reaction score
Verizon most certainly knows what are they doing. Verizon reps not necesserily. At least not all of them.

They ask for the phone number so they can verify the account. The account has the phone MEID registered to it, that's how they identify the phone on the account.