Dropped Droid 15 ft

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i just found my best buy reciept and it says it can be returned before january 31( due to christmas gifting) will they still accept the phone as it is? anyone have any experience like that before?

I doubt they will take it back due to the physical damage on it...
It's weird seeing the "bend" in the first shot you posted there.

Thks for posting those...

wil318466

Reaction score
The Droid is made just like Nintendo products it seems. You can drop them from a story and a half up, and they'll still work fine. Sure, it might have some cosmetic damage, but it will still work great. :)

Heh, are Nintendo products built well? I never noticed.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh no! However like mentioned earlier pics would be nice :D

I'm waiting for someone to crack the screen on their Droid just to see what it looks like. (Not in a good way)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perform a calibrated redrop so that the opposite side hits the concrete, this in theory should return the bend to normal.

Sorry to hear you lost out to gravity on one occasion.

UggTheThug

Reaction score
oh yes nintendo products are like the cockroaches that survive nuclear war, i cant tell you how many times ive smashed my gamecube controller into the ground with anger, but they always work and have no cracks

but i think the real question here is would the :iphone: have survived as unscathed as the :motdroidhoriz:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Oh no! However like mentioned earlier pics would be nice :D

I'm waiting for someone to crack the screen on their Droid just to see what it looks like. (Not in a good way)

Like this?

guchi-albums-my-cracked-screen-picture248-picsay-1261292171.jpg

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
oh yes nintendo products are like the cockroaches that survive nuclear war, i cant tell you how many times ive smashed my gamecube controller into the ground with anger, but they always work and have no cracks

but i think the real question here is would the :iphone: have survived as unscathed as the :motdroidhoriz:

Yeah Nintendo DS don't like violent abuse. I have a 5 year old boy and a stack of broken DS systems waiting for me to mix and match parts to get one back up and running. (And no, I didn't buy that stack. He's just good at working people.)

Reaction score
Perform a calibrated redrop so that the opposite side hits the concrete, this in theory should return the bend to normal.

Sorry to hear you lost out to gravity on one occasion.

Lmao! However, I wonder if placing a heavy book (dictionary or so) overnight may possibly have an effect? I wouldn't say the chances are high, but hell, your phone fell from 15 feet on to concrete and the screen still works, I doubt those chances were high either! Worth a shot at least.

OP
K

kgvnova

Reaction score
well i went to best buy today because the screen stopped working and they gave me a new one because it was still within the time frame for returns... so i have a brand new beautiful droid now!:)

bigthinker

Reaction score
well i went to best buy today because the screen stopped working and they gave me a new one because it was still within the time frame for returns... so i have a brand new beautiful droid now!:)
Nice.....:motdroidhoriz:

rod

Reaction score
i remember about eight years back i had my hands full and missed a joist in an attic. my foot took the whole sheet a drywall down, and everything in my hands (including my phone) fell about 18 feet onto an unfinished concrete floor below. at first the phone worked fine, but by that night (as my knee, which just so happened to NOT miss the previously-mentioned joist, began to grow sore) the phone started fritzing. by the next morning, everything on screen was backwards. mirrors came in very handy after that. im trying to remember what phone it was, but all i remember was that it was a nextel. and those phones were built for toughness.

to know that your droid dropped 15 ft and survived is good news, not that i plan on stepping through another ceiling or anything.

audioman42

Reaction score
Nice! There's no way they could've noticed the bend unless they were looking for it.

Reaction score
What a bizarre symptom to have after a big drop, but what a happy ending, that is the best part. Glad you didn't have to shell out big bucks for a cell phone repair.