droid is the strongest phone evar! check this out

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
So I was leaning over the balcony of my foyer which is a good 12 feet, and dropped my droid onto my slate floor. I started freaking out and went down to check the damage, expecting the screen to be broke at the least, I have no screen cover btw and droped it directly on the screen and not even a scratch! I was awestruck. Feel free to share your phone abuse stories here if u want...

Incredible DAN

Reaction score
I had the MOTO DROID for months and dropped it SEVERAL times and I also think it is the strongest phone(obviously besides the made for destruction phones)out there. Never got a so much as a scratch on the thing.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have dropped my phone on tile once, and cement carport floors 3 times. The last time was the worst because it landed face down on some gravel and a rock that were on the cement. This caused a crack from the A in motorola to the top right corner as well as a couple small chips on the lower half of the screen. It still works 100%, even where the chips are, the slider is fine, the glass didn't break out or in, just cracked. I'm pretty happy with how it has withstood my abuse.

I'll keep it like this for a while then call insurance on it lol

greyparrot

Reaction score
I've dropped mine twice on pavement and the last time the Seidio back cover and the battery cover popped off. I expected the worst but not even a scratch. I'm thankful that I have a Seidio innocase.

gcoken

Reaction score
They used something called Gorilla glass. Supposedly it's stronger and coated.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
Phone fell and hit the cement on the top left part of screen and slid face-first down my driveway... :D (got a new one with insurance)
[video=youtube;_uBY3lHFZ4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBY3lHFZ4o"]YouTube - Motorola Droid still works with cracked screen![/video]

dwagner88

Reaction score
I haven't dropped my droid yet, but I do have a great story. Back when I had my lg vx7000 I lived in a 12 story dormitory. I was in the stairwell on the 4th floor talking on the phone when I sneezed and flung my phone down the center part in between the flights of stairs. It hit several railings and fell all the way to the basement. I went down to pick it up, expecting it to be in pieces, and the phone was only scratched and, get this, the call was still connected! I also washed that phone with my laundry 4 times. It still works to this day, and serves as a backup in case anything happens to my current phone.

Reaction score
if it works after all this abuse i wonder what would really break it not that i would want to though lol

smittythepig

Reaction score
They used something called Gorilla glass. Supposedly it's stronger and coated.

You can tell it has some kind of coating on it, it seems impossible to scratch these screens.

well you can definitely scratch them. i've read many reports of it happening. but obviously it's pretty tough. i wasn't aware they used a coating of any kind. just that that the strength of the glass was much better than standard glass and would resist breaking to pieces much better and any damage would be minimized compared with regular glass. but perhaps they did coat it with something. the dow corning gorilla glass webpage doesn't say for sure.

JCo352

Reaction score
It's not coated with anything, it's just chemically hardened glass.

smcdo123

Reaction score
Phone fell and hit the cement on the top left part of screen and slid face-first down my driveway... :D (got a new one with insurance)
YouTube - Motorola Droid still works with cracked screen!

did you feel like you were going to cut yourself swiping through features of phone? my buddy has a droid eris he cracked his screen and feels like your ganna cut your finger off lol.
Also the droid has gorilla glass if you google it or youtube it, you will find it is the new technology and the best for laptops, cellphones, anything that has possiblity for a drop very awesome technology