drop test for razr versus iphone 4s

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone phone is waterproofed including the inside... get yer facts right.

Also these drop tests are stupid. They all drop them from high up on hard cement. Of course nothing will take that.

we'd love to see facts.... take it swimming with you... im sure we'd enjoy the video..... water resistant/repellent maybe ... water proof? highly unlikely

I think the drop tests are very helpful unless u live in the woods or a farm... im always on concrete outdoors and a waist high test is exactly where I'd drop it from if I was to fumble it.... even getting out of the car.. it happens... but some drops are far more vicious than just a straight drop from waist height.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Orly?

The insides have tiny diamond cut metal plates attached to the electronics, which are advertised as providing extra protection for the electronics if dropped, which is just another marketing gimmick. Drop the razr hard enough, and the electronics will jostle and damage just the same as any other phone.

If there's some part of this phone that is "waterproof", post a link that proves it

Who needs to get their facts straight now? ;)

I don't know, seems like you just changed the subject.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
My phones always land on the corners. He should have done a corner drop instead.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The phone phone is waterproofed including the inside... get yer facts right.

Also these drop tests are stupid. They all drop them from high up on hard cement. Of course nothing will take that.

You need to get your terminology right. Waterproof devices can sustain prolonged periods of time in/under water. This phone is more like splash resistant because I guarantee if you drop it in a toilet it will be the last time you use it.
And drop tests are perfect examples of what happens when you talk on your phone.

R

RETG

Moto advertises water RESISTANT, not water PROOF and that is a big difference.
Kevlar is five times stronger than the comparable material that would be used and can withstand up to 700 Degrees F. That might be a plus; not sure. But one layer of solid Kevlar is NOT bullet proof.
I have dropped my X at least a half dozen times on hard floors (at least a dozen times on soft surfaces like sand or dirt), in fact, did it yesterday in Walmart. So far, no cracks. But, it has been enclosed in one of those Seidio cases with the rubber than the plastic skeleton over the rubber. Works great for me. And yes, it appears to always fall on a corner, or that is where the witness mark appears each time I drop it.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Gorilla glass is more for extra scratch resistance. I know the name implies toughness. Maybe Hercules glass will get invented! Have you seen the bendable screens being developed?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gorilla glass is more for extra scratch resistance. I know the name implies toughness. Maybe Hercules glass will get invented! Have you seen the bendable screens being developed?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

......waiting for Chuck Norris glass... but I have a feeling if u press it too hard a fist comes out and punches u in the face

Heywood

Reaction score
......waiting for Chuck Norris glass... but I have a feeling if u press it too hard a fist comes out and punches u in the face

...lol...

Submit that to the website :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Motorola's finding itself in the hot seat with the Advertising Standards Authority for its TV ads regarding the Defy (shown above). The ASA banned the ads,stating that Moto's claims of the Defy being an indestructable phone are misleading,as evidenced by several people who've cracked or severely damaged their Defy due to drops or kicks. [The Register]"

per engadget... looks like moto is getting a little out of control in the marketing department

OP
S

switch311

Reaction score

Hahahahahahahahaha