DroidX2 Launch date is now 5-26-2011

cece5702

Reaction score
I just read on Droid Life, the new launch date is now May 26th. Looks like it will come with Gingerbread already installed and other nice features, but I think I'm still sticking with my Droid X. Two weeks too late!

How many Droid X owners will be switching over to X2 or will you keep your Droid X?

dAi

Reaction score
If it has at least 768 MB of ram, yeah. I called Verizon today and a sales rep said it will be out for next week but what do sales reps know. I hope is not 512 of ram !

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
unless they snuck 4G into it in the delay i'm not interested.. has nothing over the Droid X thats even necessary.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Dual core cpu, higher resolution screen and more ram get me more fired up than LTE and a front facing camera. Pocket computer gaming FTW! :icon_ banana:

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I read the ram is 512.
If it has at least 768 MB of ram, yeah. I called Verizon today and a sales rep said it will be out for next week but what do sales reps know. I hope is not 512 of ram !

Myndmayze

Reaction score
Will be staying clear from Motorola until they stop locking down the phone. Their refusal to unlock the bootloader + repeated attempts to keep us from rooting will drive me away from them.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I posted this thread twice and didnt realize it. Sorry about that. I'm not sure how to delete the other one. :unsure:

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Well after playing with ROMs on my original droid and my current droid x I am ready to stop playing and start utilizing my phone. 4g will not get to my area for 12-24 months. I want a phone that will carry me from 3G to 4g with as much ram, screen quality and CPU speed as I can get and that means a Droid X2. If it can be rooted and set up to utilize a boot loader then fine, if not then I have much of what I want until I am forced into a 4g unit.

barski

Reaction score
If im going to upgrade a to a new device LTE is a must. 3G is like phone line, LTE is like fiber. Night and day difference, and another reason my upgrade isnt until next spring...lol

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm will be upgrading to this the day it comes out ! I've had the D1 since it came out . I'm not going to wait a year for them to figure out how to make LTE work .

Zecpull

Reaction score
I have the X and love it. .. But I will get the X2 as soon as It comes out.. More Ram.. Faster Dual core processor, Video that is 3d Capable..

igknight

Reaction score
I'll probably upgrade until something better comes out. Have 4 phones on my plan, and two are up in October, but I can do an early upgrade now. With them no longer offering that option, it will be nice to space them out a bit.

leonozug

Reaction score
I read the ram is 512.

It has 768 MB of RAM, Miss. : )

The 512 MB was quoted early on in the device when info first came out.