Droids are on their way!!

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
So, I have been awaiting an Android phone for the last few years since I first heard rumors of their development. As a Verizon customer, I was ecstatic to see that the Droid was here but my contract wasn't up till December and I wanted to hold on till the right sale came along...

Now that they are BOGO, I figured it was the right time and headed down to my local corporate store this morning to pull an early upgrade. When I got there, I was told that the primary line (mine) was eligible for early upgrade but that the second line (my wife's) was not eligible until August! The salesman said that in order to take advantage of the BOGO, I'd need to add a third line; something I wasn't about to do. Then the woman at the terminal next to him said that the BOGO wasn't good on early upgrades anyway! I left the store fuming.

I decided to call Verizon and complain. I have been a customer for about 10 years and don't get the cheap equipment. After explaining the situation to the CSR, and getting validation that the BOGO price was good on early upgrades but that with the second line being 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility, there wasn't much they could do. I reminded her that I have been a long-time customer and she decided to try to push the upgrade through... They wound up charging me $20 early upgrade fee, but she made it happen! My phones will be here on Wedesday!!:icon_ banana:

Sorry for the long-winded intro, but I am pretty stoked! As for about myself:
I am a GM World Class Tech at a Chevy dealer, enjoy brewing my own beer, am a huge Sabres fan (Go Ryan Miller!! USA!! USA!!) and love watching & playing soccer ~ Manchester United supporter!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to Droids Forums. You may want to look over the FAQs while your waiting on Wednesday to get here. Enjoy!:)

OP
M

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
Thanks, hook! I will def be sure to peruse the FAQ's while I wait. My brother-in-law got one in December and I got a chance to play around with it when we visited them out in Buffalo for Christmas. I even got a chance to get a side by side comparo with my Dad's iPhone and the Droid definitely has it beat!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: Mr Goodwrench!! I'm so happy for you and your wife :D You found the right place to come for any help you'll need!

OP
M

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
Whooo! Droids got here yesterday ~ came home on lunch so that the wife could go run some errands and the FedEx truck showed while I was eating. Plugged them in so they would be all charged up when I got home to activate and play. Unfortunately, my wife couldn't wait and activated hers and was almost done manually entering all of her contacts on the phone itself rather than to her gmail account on her laptop! Absolutely love the thing!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
She must have loved it when you sat down and had all your contacts in ...in about 30 seconds! Welcome to the world of Droid!

OP
M

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
She must have loved it when you sat down and had all your contacts in ...in about 30 seconds! Welcome to the world of Droid!

Yeah, she was a bit now-he-tells-me... ah well, live and learn I always say! Thanks for the welcome, glad to (finally) be here!