Droidgirl_Dallas update

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Greetings all:

First off - again I want to thank everyone for all your helpful advice. I had a rough week where I almost packed up my D2 and returned it. I'm happy to say that me and D2 worked out our differences and are back together.

In one of my post I mentioned I was having major problem with calendar apps. I missed a team meeting because I didn't get an alarm for the app I had for a calendar (the name is not worth mentioning). Lucky I have an understanding boss, but he made it clear to get that fixed so I didn't miss anymore meetings. I went back to the Verizon store...it took some doing but the agent finally got the D2 calendar to work with my Gmail account, and now I'm putting events in my phone.

The bad news is I had to remove an app called Blink. This allows a user to assign LED colors for various phone functions like when you receive a text. It worked for a hot second then stopped. If anyone can recommend a free app that allows you to change your LED light let me know. I don't care for the green that D2 offers.

Today I'm trying to figure out my camera. Can't seem to get it off of the black and white setting to take color pictures. I'm determined to figure it out. I tried checking here but I'm not finding any answers for this.

I know this may sound mean but does anyone know a way to remove unwanted preinstalled apps. The agent at the store says the apps that come with the phone are uninstallable. This is insane...this is why I wish we could cutomize our phones to fit our personal needs. While I don't want Blockbuster movies on my phone - someone else may be thrilled to have it. I would rather use that space to add on apps that I need. Now it feels like I'm stuck with all this junk that I don't want.

Peace!

dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings all:

First off - again I want to thank everyone for all your helpful advice. I had a rough week where I almost packed up my D2 and returned it. I'm happy to say that me and D2 worked out our differences and are back together.

In one of my post I mentioned I was having major problem with calendar apps. I missed a team meeting because I didn't get an alarm for the app I had for a calendar (the name is not worth mentioning). Lucky I have an understanding boss, but he made it clear to get that fixed so I didn't miss anymore meetings. I went back to the Verizon store...it took some doing but the agent finally got the D2 calendar to work with my Gmail account, and now I'm putting events in my phone.

The bad news is I had to remove an app called Blink. This allows a user to assign LED colors for various phone functions like when you receive a text. It worked for a hot second then stopped. If anyone can recommend a free app that allows you to change your LED light let me know. I don't care for the green that D2 offers.

Today I'm trying to figure out my camera. Can't seem to get it off of the black and white setting to take color pictures. I'm determined to figure it out. I tried checking here but I'm not finding any answers for this.

I know this may sound mean but does anyone know a way to remove unwanted preinstalled apps. The agent at the store says the apps that come with the phone are uninstallable. This is insane...this is why I wish we could cutomize our phones to fit our personal needs. While I don't want Blockbuster movies on my phone - someone else may be thrilled to have it. I would rather use that space to add on apps that I need. Now it feels like I'm stuck with all this junk that I don't want.

Peace!

dancedroid

You have to root to remove preinstalled apps. The reason your pictures are in black and white is you changed a setting. While in camera mode tap the screen. See effects? Tap that and you will see a box drawn with an arrow pointed in both directions. Tap that until you get the proper effect you want to use for your shot. Or just tap it until it says normal.

This is a very useful feature. People who say that the Droids camera is garbage don't understand how to use it. Play with the effects and you will see what I mean.

OP
Droidgirl_Dallas

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Thanks Hookbill...the root to remove sounds a little intimidating, but I'll check the board to find out how to do it. I've got downtime today because we're having a storm...so I will play around with the camera.