Hi, help with calendar

tylo_la

Reaction score
I've had my DroidX for less than a week. Lot to learn. I'm very unimpressed with the calendar. iCal is 10x better. Am I missing something? Is there an app available that offers multiple calendars, repeating items, week view?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Calender allows all of this that you are describing - for multiple calenders you need to set it up on the Google Calender Site - week veiw and repeating events are options when creating a new event on a p.c. or on your device

OP
tylo_la

tylo_la

Reaction score
So I have to re-create calendars from iCal and outlook? This is better than an ipod/iphone because why? And how is that going to help with a weekly view? Isn't that part of the Droid operating system?

OP
tylo_la

tylo_la

Reaction score
If it can do what I'm asking, then how? I don't see any options for weekly view or multiple calendars.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to see it in weekly view just hit the menu button in the native app and click week. I think that's what you're asking for when you say weekly view.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use ical and it syncs to my Droid. I use the stock calendar on my Droid and any event that I add is synced to iCal.

Hope this is helpful

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nobody ever said it was better than ical - maybe it's not, I don't know as I have never used an i-anything, as far as multiple calenders you have to go online and add a calender, name it what you like and then it will be visible on your mobile device - as far as a day/week veiw that option is obtainable by pressing the settings key while within the calender application