DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpet444

Reaction score
BD was the best in "customer service". But this was his native forum too. It is kinda weird that the loud minority won. And again, i like both roms very much. I can't remember who posted it but it does kind of feel like my rom parents divorced. It'll just be one more droid site i shuffle through. (this site, kellex's site, and then BD's new site)

mrdroid

Reaction score
So the bratty Cyanogen people who NEVER posted on this forum, joined the forum just start a flame war..... Win?? How does this benefit your site at all? What a dumb irrational decision.

Cyanogen may be the best but his customer service is atrocious at best. Hes a techies techie. BD was in it for the fans. He worked efortlessly to answer our questions. HE WORKED HARD AND YOU THROW IT IN HIS FACE BECAUSE SOMEONES EGO DIDN'T GET STROKED.

Exactly, perfectly spoken!

People will believe anything! :icon_ banana:

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
btw im not calling cyanogen or koush liars, but y cant DF do a look of there own to be sure? it seems DF is giving in to what cyanogen / koush fans want that dont even stay on this forum. WE ARE 80% OF YOUR USER BASE!!. i think a fair look would be the right action first off. then go from there.

You're not very good at math. You're not even close to 80% of DF's user base.

we out # the amount of all views in the forum lol!

luniz7

Reaction score
As for other devs, its always gonna be easier to contact them on their home forums. Thats just how it works man. Every forum has their own pros and cons.

I sent Koush multiple PM's on CyanogenMod.com/forum/ .... that is his home right?

So what is your excuse for him not answering me there? I used CM5.0.5.x before UD and will use again after. I am not taking sides as I have no horse in this race. I just like to go where I can get help.

if you cant reach him by pm on cyanogenmod then you can reach him in irc #koush, if hes not around there is other devs around that can help

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a completely innocent bystander, I have to say this is honestly some of the most immature petty crap I have ever read. I feel like I am in the hallways of junior high again. I know my opinion doesn't matter, although I guess it should kind of seeing as a lot of us are paid supporters. Maybe things were done wrong, maybe they weren't, who really knows? Man the freak up and say your sorry to each other, talk it out like grown ups should, and proceed to move on. I would hate to think ego's have been so inflated over hacking a phone that you think you are above apology and criticism. Like I said I am on no ones side here, I just find it very disappointing to come on here and read this junk.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Maybe not in the short run but in the long run I think it will be better.

Doesnt get much more clear then this

2345454239y6.jpg

If you're trying to show how many posted in his forum vs the other ROM forums, I'd guess it is because he pretty much hosted his ROM here while the other ROMS were mostly hosted on another forum, and questions and discussions take place there. So, if all of those posts weren't here, I don't see how it matters much if they were mostly discussing UD. They can discuss UD where he nexts hosts 'his' ROM.

You have to add that the majority of threads in BD's section are about all the issues with his ROM. Not only did he steal a bunch of hard work, but he turned it into the buggiest ROMs available.

ldimick

Reaction score
BD was the best in "customer service". But this was his native forum too. It is kinda weird that the loud minority won. And again, i like both roms very much. I can't remember who posted it but it does kind of feel like my rom parents divorced. It'll just be one more droid site i shuffle through. (this site, kellex's site, and then BD's new site)

It was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to BD. (on his site) The integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the size of users. It is about doing what is right.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
listen people before Blackdroid and Ultimate droid even existed the forum was happy. we will just have to see what new roms come up new developments and such, and move on. there are other roms just as good if not better than BD's. i just dont want to see this forum crumble because something thats been around here for a few months is now gone. go try Chevy's, cyanogen's, Pete's roms, etc. there is more to do then bicker about UD being gone. have fun with your phone and live life to its best. i couldn't care less that he's gone its just a ROM and a person. lets all just move on to bigger and better things.

rawburt

Reaction score
So the bratty Cyanogen people who NEVER posted on this forum, joined the forum just start a flame war..... Win?? How does this benefit your site at all? What a dumb irrational decision.

Cyanogen may be the best but his customer service is atrocious at best. Hes a techies techie. BD was in it for the fans. He worked efortlessly to answer our questions. HE WORKED HARD AND YOU THROW IT IN HIS FACE BECAUSE SOMEONES EGO DIDN'T GET STROKED.

Exactly, perfectly spoken!

People will believe anything! :icon_ banana:

Believe anything? I don't care what side you are on, everything said above is the truth!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This won't be good for droidforums

Maybe not in the short run but in the long run I think it will be better.

Especially with the "paid apps" issue. Droidforums simply CANNOT host a ROM that contains any paid apps whatsoever; to do so opens THEM up to legal liability. In the end, it COULD be a good thing for DF.

ldimick

Reaction score

It was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to UD. (on his site) The integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the number of users. It was not a vote nor a contest. It is about doing what is right.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/android-soap-opera-ultimate-droid

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

droidnut803

Reaction score
btw im not calling cyanogen or koush liars, but y cant DF do a look of there own to be sure? it seems DF is giving in to what cyanogen / koush fans want that dont even stay on this forum. WE ARE 80% OF YOUR USER BASE!!. i think a fair look would be the right action first off. then go from there.

You're not very good at math. You're not even close to 80% of DF's user base.

we out # the amount of all views in the forum lol!

mrdroid doesn't like us!

pepsi149

Reaction score
so can we get bd rom on rom manager?

holy s*#t..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......figured id ask....seemed like a sensable question.....lol
just feel kinda sad that they ruined all this fun....to think of all the vast info thats gonna be lost cause they stole my toy....whatever bd will pop up somewhere....prolly alldroid and thats where ill get his rom....or android central....im shur they would love to host him sense he brings in high numbers of people....and thats a fact ya'll cant deny!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.