DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Reaction score
Well now this pisses me off! I could care less what "source" blackdroids ROM came from... but unfortunately now I cannot get updates to the ROM that I chose to use... thanks to cyanogen, koush, dbu. .... all of You are f'n cry babies because you did not get a "thank-you"! I dont care what you have done for the "android world" because what you have done today is ruin this community with your childish behavior. You guys should have taken this matter to staff and blackdroid in private. So this could have been worked out in private. I have lost respect for all of you. And blackdroid your just as much to blame too! You should have just posted your damm sources in the first place your just as big of a f'n child too! Mods... sorry to be so blatent but I am truly ticked!

It amazes me that such smart people with such good talents.... have the maturity of a 5 year old.

Reaction score
seriously whats with the psp scene getting brought into the convos i dont recall **** like this happening in the psp scene. what killed it was the rapid piracy unless you guys are referring to a site like pspupdates i didnt go there bunch of homos there so i guess maybe i did miss out

Azhrei

Reaction score
well, as a mod, and as someone who has not even rooted his nexusone, i'll say this:
This entire episode is as shameful as anything i've seen anywhere. Whether bd made any mistakes or not, the fanboyism, the attacks on the forum, the damnation....all are examples of some of the most childish behavior i've ever seen carried on by adults.

That this forum became the focal point for all this is another disgrace that i cannot understand. As many have said, if you don't like one dev's work, simply don't use it! The pettyness is uncalled for, umprofessional, and too many other adjectives to list here....all negative.

I'll also say that i disagree with this decision, in that i don't see this being the end of this kind of behavior. It seems to me to be part and parcel of the egos that write roms; and i'm almost certain that this kind of "war" will surface again in the future. I think we, as a forum, would be better served to simply stop hosting developers altogether, and just let the forum be a place to discsuss their work--which would be published elsewhere. The community would still be served, and the "need" to shred other devs would be inappropriate in this forum.

But nobody asked me, and i'm only one opinion. I'm proud of this place. I will remain proud of this place. But i have lost respect for more than one developer, and likely decided once and for all not to root.

Thanks for your time, and i'll see you all around here...hopefully in better moods.

great write up on the situation!!!

droidnut803

Reaction score
Well, as a Mod, and as someone who has not even rooted his NexusOne, I'll say this:
This entire episode is as shameful as anything I've seen anywhere. Whether BD made any mistakes or not, the fanboyism, the attacks on the forum, the damnation....all are examples of some of the most childish behavior I've ever seen carried on by adults.

That this forum became the focal point for all this is another disgrace that I cannot understand. As many have said, if you don't like one dev's work, simply don't use it! The pettyness is uncalled for, umprofessional, and too many other adjectives to list here....all negative.

I'll also say that I disagree with this decision, in that I don't see this being the end of this kind of behavior. It seems to me to be part and parcel of the egos that write ROMs; and I'm almost certain that this kind of "war" will surface again in the future. I think we, as a forum, would be better served to simply stop hosting developers altogether, and just let the forum be a place to discsuss their work--which would be published elsewhere. The community would still be served, and the "need" to shred other devs would be inappropriate in this forum.

But nobody asked me, and I'm only one opinion. I'm proud of this place. I will remain proud of this place. But I have lost respect for more than one developer, and likely decided once and for all not to root.

Thanks for your time, and I'll see you all around here...hopefully in better moods.

I couldn't agree with you more! This is BS and the people that should be booted are the flaming, crybaby, whining wanna be devs!!! I totally disagree with this decision. Not that it matters! Like you said it's just gonna happen again and when it does the flaming children are gonna push to get their way again especially when they know the administrators are gonna give them what they want!

ldimick

Reaction score
Well, as a Mod, and as someone who has not even rooted his NexusOne, I'll say this:
This entire episode is as shameful as anything I've seen anywhere. Whether BD made any mistakes or not, the fanboyism, the attacks on the forum, the damnation....all are examples of some of the most childish behavior I've ever seen carried on by adults.

Would you please define FANBOYISM? I always thought it was praising your product/obsession to the point of blindness. If so, I saw none of that. I saw questioning of actions, integrity, and ethics. I saw a few posts that said that UD was better/faster than CM on their particular phone but I would certainly not classify that as fanboyism.

Please educate me.

pepsi149

Reaction score
maybe not in the short run but in the long run i think it will be better.

doesnt get much more clear then this

2345454239y6.jpg

if you're trying to show how many posted in his forum vs the other rom forums, i'd guess it is because he pretty much hosted his rom here while the other roms were mostly hosted on another forum, and questions and discussions take place there. So, if all of those posts weren't here, i don't see how it matters much if they were mostly discussing ud. They can discuss ud where he nexts hosts 'his' rom.

yuh this forum was mostly supported by bd...and his roms...break it down 80%ud....20% other....guess this forum will be as dull as the dmupdater forum now.....bummer man

sxm

Reaction score
Kind of "messed up" (most PC I could get) that BD makes his announcement and ends with "See you guys tomorrow when my internet is fixed."

And the mods permanently lock both the Black Droid section and his announcement (all within your right) 2 hrs later.

Will all BD/UD threads be locked in the future as well since you are no longer hosting BD?

How will the COMMUNITY of BD users get info on the next update?

As of right now, 296 people are still viewing the BD section, with 348 threads and 21,986 posts. That is more posts than all other sections combined. X3~!!

anyway, this drama has me now, about to try cyanogen.

No flaming, just what I observe and feel about the closure.

mkraffert

Reaction score
I support the mods on their decision. There really wasn't a win-win in this mess, and they did the best they could in a bad situation. I'll move on to other roms. Cyanogen doesn't seem to run well on my phone, and UD has lost my respect by not manning up. Adamz? Pete? Chevy? I'm coming back! I'll even try Cyanogen again after a while. I figure that maybe since his rom is so cutting edge, it just needs some time for the kinks to get worked out. Thank you mods and DF. I salute your efforts and integrity through this.

When you installed Cyanogen, did you use Titanium to restore things. I tried to install it a few weeks ago and it ran like crap (dropped back to UD 9.0). I just reflashed Cyanogen, but didn't use Titanium and its running much better.

I'll give that a try. I liked UD10, so it seems like I should like Cyanogen equally well. I owe it to him to try again. Of course, the other roms I mentioned are pretty awesome too! Thanks to all the devs too.

jbg25

Reaction score
As for other devs, its always gonna be easier to contact them on their home forums. Thats just how it works man. Every forum has their own pros and cons.

I sent Koush multiple PM's on CyanogenMod.com/forum/ .... that is his home right?

So what is your excuse for him not answering me there? I used CM5.0.5.x before UD and will use again after. I am not taking sides as I have no horse in this race. I just like to go where I can get help.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the md5 sum check is crap also bc blackdroid compressed it the sums automatically change, no way to resee the old check sums
koush said you could but when i told bd how koush did it bd said its a lie bc you cant.
someone at df needs to pull 9.8 apart and show its different and then rip 10.0 apart and that will prove it was a mistake,
he couldnt do it on purpose when he has a source rom that was never complained about.
also who says the checks they did r ud 10.0? no video proving where they downloaded or what file was used!
this is no complete evidence to prove anything they are saying just there word.
cyanogen has shown an alarmclockapp and random code but nothing to prove which rom its from.

here is something i typed to someone and think is something some should think about!!!

9.8 was never complained about, obviously blackdroid has his own source rom.

mcorbett

Reaction score
Good decision, no one wants work stolen with out credit. If that the case I am going to the museum to tell people I drew all the paintings and did all the work

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
so will there no longer be a ultimate droid rom anymore, or anymore updates for that rom, i freaking love that rom????

trevntx

Reaction score
So the bratty Cyanogen people who NEVER posted on this forum, joined the forum just start a flame war..... Win?? How does this benefit your site at all? What a dumb irrational decision.

Cyanogen may be the best but his customer service is atrocious at best. Hes a techies techie. BD was in it for the fans. He worked efortlessly to answer our questions. HE WORKED HARD AND YOU THROW IT IN HIS FACE BECAUSE SOMEONES EGO DIDN'T GET STROKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.