DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/android-soap-opera-ultimate-droid

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

supr2nr

Reaction score
The saddest thing about this is the fact that this forum was the only real forum aimed towards the Droid only. I liked this community in that it used to be real friendly and everyone would help you with any ROM you were using. Now it has become a huge fanboy site. I can think of 5 users right off the bat that have made this site just dreadful to visit because of their constant fanboy comments about Cyanogen.

I suppose I have to go to Cyanogen's rom now as I have no other choice! Lord knows that if some other ROM begins to get any bit of attention (and take away a significant amount of users from Cyanogen) it will just be publicly attacked by Koush and/or Cyanogen as well. :icon_rolleyes:

ldimick

Reaction score
bd was the best in "customer service". But this was his native forum too. It is kinda weird that the loud minority won. And again, i like both roms very much. I can't remember who posted it but it does kind of feel like my rom parents divorced. It'll just be one more droid site i shuffle through. (this site, kellex's site, and then bd's new site)

it was not the loud minority who won. It was the honest majority who won. You still have full access to bd. (on his site) the integrity of this forum was restored. This is not about the size of users. It is about doing what is right.

hahahahahahahaha......so now we all are gonna be like an emo -droids....break out the black hair and skinny jeans...

That's a good process. When you can't argue facts make lots of distracting noise.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well now this pisses me off! I could care less what "source" blackdroids ROM came from... but unfortunately now I cannot get updates to the ROM that I chose to use... thanks to cyanogen, koush, dbu. .... all of You are f'n cry babies because you did not get a "thank-you"! I dont care what you have done for the "android world" because what you have done today is ruin this community with your childish behavior. You guys should have taken this matter to staff and blackdroid in private. So this could have been worked out in private. I have lost respect for all of you. And blackdroid your just as much to blame too! You should have just posted your damm sources in the first place your just as big of a f'n child too! Mods... sorry to be so blatent but I am truly ticked!

It amazes me that such smart people with such good talents.... have the maturity of a 5 year old.

So at what point do flat out lies become mature?

How hard is it to say, Wow guys, sorry. You are right, I should have given credit where due.

And then edit his threads.

Problem SOLVED.

Honestly, I think he was thriving on the animosity and controversy it started.

The case was proven, the facts were shown. Yet, he continued to lie, which made the problem WORSE.

You tell me, how mature is that?

rawburt

Reaction score
holy s*#t..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.......figured id ask....seemed like a sensable question.....lol
just feel kinda sad that they ruined all this fun....to think of all the vast info thats gonna be lost cause they stole my toy....whatever bd will pop up somewhere....prolly alldroid and thats where ill get his rom....or android central....im shur they would love to host him sense he brings in high numbers of people....and thats a fact ya'll cant deny!!!!

Actually YES...it seems Koush wants UD out there as he has added version 10 to ROM manger both the NexTheme AND the UltimateDroid theme.

Hmmmmmm...

WAIT!!!! UDv10 was added to rom manager after all this?!

SuperCoolClos

Reaction score
I believe the moderators did the right thing at the end.

Droidforums reputation was essentially at stake as BD was representing them. Principal/Agent idea. His approach was highly unethical; while the forums were not responsible, to take no action is essentially to harbor this Dev and his tactics (for those who were unaware, this dude got kicked out of Alldroid for essentially doing the same thing with Pete's ROM).

Think about it as your a boss and you hire a guy to be your head cashier or w/e. Turns out this guy is sellings drugs on the corner when he walks out of work blatantly in front of everyone, including yourself. Dude can be an amazing worker who produces results, but everyone else is seeing his other dealings, and seeing that you're taking no action. How is that going to reflect on you and your job?

droidnut803

Reaction score
Horrible decision, and here is why. Cyanogen himself says that there is nothing wrong with what BD put in his rom:

Comments on: New website launched!

His complaint was BD did not give credit. You allowed a vocal minority to convince you to kick BD out.

To recap, Cyanogen says BD's rom's contents is okay, but he wants credit. BD gives credit. Cyanogen's fanbois wreck the forum and say rom contents is not okay with THEM. This vocal minority posts many negative comments about DF, and the admins kick BD out the door. DF is not the same without BD. Unbelievable.

Nice spin. Do you work in Washington? The complaints were not about BD using the code. It was about LYING to everyone about it and then he compounded his error but failing to acknowledge it. To claim that the problem was a misplaced, left over,or whatever, XML file is ludicrous.

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

Careful UD fans. They are trying to kick us out next!!!

Maybe ALL the UD fans should just dump this forum and start our own, of course I don't know how lol! But this is BS!!!

ldimick

Reaction score

Comments on: New website launched!

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

Careful UD fans. They are trying to kick us out next!!!

Hardly. I like to have you guys around. Heck, until last week I was running UD 9.8. I like forums with lots of members. I don't have time to find all of the good apps, etc and I rely on an active community to do some of the filtering for me. I don't consider it as an us against them thing at all.

linkboy

Reaction score
seriously whats with the psp scene getting brought into the convos i dont recall **** like this happening in the psp scene. what killed it was the rapid piracy unless you guys are referring to a site like pspupdates i didnt go there bunch of homos there so i guess maybe i did miss out

I'm not talking about what killed the system, things like this did happen. People trashed the M33 firmware when it came out because Dark Alex didn't make it (when he actually did). The same thing happened when GEN came out

Hell, the biggest reason he quit was because people were abusing his firmwares. Doing what BD did and not giving him credit, selling his firmware, and using it for piracy. He threatened to quit many times (that's what the M33 thing was about), nobody got the hint, so he did quit.

The problem is that these developers get fanboys who think they have to defend their favorite developer like their sports teams. It doesn't surprise me since the same group of people is involved in both the Android and PSP scene.

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
its nuts that it even hit this point

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/home/android-soap-opera-ultimate-droid

Let me help you:

UltimateDroid

It may be about "LYING" for you. However Cyanogen himself says it's open source and the contents were okay as long as credit is given. The point is, no one here should care what bothers "you". They should only care about what bothers the original author (Cyanogen). I cannot begin to imagine why the mods here care about what you and the vocal minority post as long as Cyanogen gets what he wanted (credit).

I looked up multiple meanings for the word lie, and none of them had anything to do whether software was open source or not.

Lie | Define Lie at Dictionary.com

lie

1   /laɪ/ Show Spelled [lahy] Show IPA noun, verb,lied, ly·ing.
–noun1.a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

2.something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.

3.an inaccurate or false statement.

4.the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

Mojo

Reaction score
As for other devs, its always gonna be easier to contact them on their home forums. Thats just how it works man. Every forum has their own pros and cons.

I sent Koush multiple PM's on CyanogenMod.com/forum/ .... that is his home right?

So what is your excuse for him not answering me there? I used CM5.0.5.x before UD and will use again after. I am not taking sides as I have no horse in this race. I just like to go where I can get help.

if you cant reach him by pm on cyanogenmod then you can reach him in irc #koush, if hes not around there is other devs around that can help

See that's the problem... we are droidforums members! We should be able to get help here. Blackdroid helped us here! We did not have to go somewhere else to track down someone for help. All this has done is make members have to visit cyanogens site now. So droidforums looses and its members. I am real sure with cyanogen having g his own site he will be around here to help out.. pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.