Droidforum app annoyence

Freezetron

Reaction score
For the most part, im pretty happy with this droidforum app. However, the one annoyance I have with it is it constantly goes to the bottom post of thethread when I load it. I would rather it go to the first post of the thread. Is this possible?

Sent from my DROIDX

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the most part, im pretty happy with this droidforum app. However, the one annoyance I have with it is it constantly goes to the bottom post of thethread when I load it. I would rather it go to the first post of the thread. Is this possible?

Sent from my DROIDX
I don't know. But I can tell you that almost all the time I go to the last post and if necessary I read backwards. It's rare to find someone who starts at the beginning.;)

I'llsee if I can get an answer for you.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX
I don't know. But I can tell you that almost all the time I go to the last post and if necessary I read backwards. It's rare to find someone who starts at the beginning.;)

I'llsee if I can get an answer for you.
I start from the beginning. Only time I go to the end is if I already read through the topic once and I'm just looking for new replies.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like to start from the beginning when I need to know what is going on. So i can help. At the same time for really long threads I will start at the end and read backwards.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I LOVE the app. Seems like this would be an easy option to add. I prefer to start at the end myself.

The only issues I have with it:

Very slow to start.
Constant Force Close When I exit the app (not when I am using it so it is ok, just weird that it happens... Reinstalled several times)

OP
Freezetron

Freezetron

Reaction score
This really needs to be fixed as im sick of having to manually go to beginning of thread which how Ive read forums for years

Sent from my DROIDX

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the App section. Most of the time I'm OK with reading from the last post to the first. If I need to get to the top the scroll or arrows work well.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on the forum app all day long (obviously) so usually i've watched a thread since its infancy and like to be brought to the most recent post. The only thing that does bug me however is if a thread has say seven pages and every time I open it up it drops me on page 4 even though I'm caught up to page 7. Only a minor annoyance though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only thing that does bug me however is if a thread has say seven pages and every time I open it up it drops me on page 4 even though I'm caught up to page 7. Only a minor annoyance though.

That bugs me as well. I wonder what's causing that to happen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that if I am browsing the forum with the app, and back out of it to say answer the phone, it will FC on me when I come back to the app. The only time I do not get a FC is when I actually exit out of the app.

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
The DroidForums app is run through tapatalk. If you load up any forum on tapatalk it does the same thing. Just like the XDA app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Another thing that bugs me is usually the last post on infer page will also be the first post on the next page. Not a big deal but its odd.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure everyone gets a refund.:rolleyes:

I haven't talked to any of the big Droids buy from my understanding starting at the last post is just the way it is. I'm still going to try and get someone else's input.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have an update on the pipeline already guys. Try to be patient

Thanks